Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Visit to Kevin and Allan's...part 1

Kevin and Allan are remodelers extraordinaire!  They have renovated four houses that I have seen. When we visit our daughter Vicky in Maplewood, New Jersey, she knows that I'll want to see Kevin's latest project. On our last visit we were invited to their home for a casual brunch with neighborhood friends. 
I brought my camera this time!
The living room. I take my time to really look around and enjoy every detail. There is so much to notice.
The leaded glass transom window, moldings and casings, the ceiling, steps, benches, fireplace, all the wonderful architectural details found in an older home.
 All restored by a very talented Kevin.
The living room has two seating areas.
The sofa table that divides the space has a collection of crystal candlesticks
and two beautiful Chinese lamps.
Blue and white with the complimentary orange accents. 
You can see the fireplace in the background.
I love the ceiling and vintage chandelier in this room. Beyond those beautiful leaded glass doors is the breakfast room. In my next post I'll take you to brunch! ...part 2

Cheers!

Click HERE to see The Tour...Part 2.
Click HERE to see The Tour...Part 3.
KDH Home Designs is Kevin's design business.

Links: Savvy Southern Style, Elements Interiors,
The Shabby Chic Cottage, Remodelaholic,
No Minimalist Here, Somewhat Simple

12 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for showing such beautifully decorated house! I love to see this Rita May... I just love interior decorating! I also love Chinese lamps, it's so English to mix with Oriental. Really nice.
    XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous home! I can't wait to finish the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry and get part 2 posted! It is beautiful. Love those windows and the ceiling. So much charm and character in old homes. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Rita! Oh, what a lovely room. Someone is very talented in remodeling, aren't they? So pretty.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita thanx for sharing! That ceiling and chandy are to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ... the leaded glass doors are ah-mazing! Thanks for sharing, *Becca* (your newest follower)

    www.adventuresindecorating1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally drooling over here!!! I wanna see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous living room!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty home! Thanks for sharing!
    dreaming-n-color.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would love it you shared this at my party! you did a fabulous job, looks great.
    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/2011/03/anything-goes-party-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rita, What a beautifully decorated home. I could move right in and not change a thing. Thank you for sharing this home at my party.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete