Monday, March 14, 2011

Salvaged Shutters...more Shutter Love

My "virtual clippings" file. Great uses for salvaged shutters.
May Days- my friend Cathy's house.
My Romantic Home-shuttered window mirror
The Nester-above the fireplace
       Ideas Magazine-kitchen utensil holder
Country Living-buffet shelf divider
Going Coastal-hall tree with shelf
BHG-leaning against a wall
My Sweet Savannah-headboard
A Glimpse Inside-hanging on a wall
Country Living-window shutters
She's Smart-3 brackets and 2 louvered doors make a shelf
A memo board
A Rustic Garden-wall display art
Hello Home-magazine holder
Hello Home-fireplace screen
Hello Home-faux window
May Days-my bathroom
 May Days-shutters made from boards with a cut out heart design
flank 4 mirrors to create a window
 May Days-entry courtyard at my Mother's house
May Days-free louvered screen from Craig's List
used to display vintage hankies.
May Days-louvered doors on trimmed mirror squares
May Days-Louvered doors camouflage back door.
back door basket
May Days-valance above shower curtain
 Rustic Renditions-mantel display
Rustic Renditions-vignette backdrop

Shutters! Old ones, salvaged and found ones are my favorites. They are definitely on my top ten list of things I love to see in a house.
Click HERE to see more of my shutter love.

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. I love shutters and these are all wonderful. Every picture and how they are used gives me such wonderful ideas and they are all so creative. Love them. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE shutters and I have four in the basement waiting for a project ~ thanks for the inspiration!~ ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. interesting decors! thanks for giving me fresh ideas about these shutters...now, im thinking of something to do...

    i am a follower here:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita!

    I found you through Marty's TTT. What wonderful ideas for the shutters. I have seen them also on a smaller scale in a bedroom with little hooks to hang jewelry on. I've also been peeking into your blog and I love the pallet idea! Can't wait to dig some more. I'm one of your newest followers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing...you use the shutters in so many different ways...looks fantastic.


    window shutters clayton, ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing these, I suddenly had the urge to look for some old shutters and combine them with my mirror. I so love that second photo, and how it went well with the additional décor. Old shutters are truly recyclable treasures. =)

    Regards,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete