Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bubble Bath & Tequila

I decant my bubble bath into pretty
 tequila bottles. The more expensive tequila
 has the prettiest bottles.
Patron
Hacienda De Chihuahua
Soak the labels off in hot soapy water. 
You can use any pretty liqueur bottle.
They usually have pretty stoppers, 
but if they don't you can use a favorite
 wine stopper. This cherub is by Brighton. 
The crystal heart below is Mikasa. 
My friends save empty tequila bottles for me.
That's mouthwash in the last one. 
I fill them with bubble bath and bath beads. 
So much prettier than these plastic jugs. 
I put bath salts into jars I picked up at
 a garage sale for 25 cents.
They sit in a vintage silver tray on the tub deck. 
A scoop sits in a clam shell.
The selection of bubble bath sits on the the
 end of the tub. Sometimes on a silver tray.
Sometimes I put them just on the tile. 
We use them every night. 
So after you've enjoyed your Margaritas,
 you get to reuse the bottle. 
Bubble bath is just one of the many uses.
OLE!


see more picture of my four poster
bathtub HERE.
tip: If you don't drink tequila, ask a friend or
 the bartender at your favorite restaurant
 to save some for you.

Links: Facebook for MAY DAYS,
BNOTP, Dittle Dattle
The House In The Roses,
A Stroll Thru Life
Coastal Charm,
My Romantic Home

27 comments:

  1. Hi there, I'm your newest follower! What a great idea using pretty Tequila bottles for bath oils and soaps. I love your collection, very creative too! Thanks for sharing! XOXO ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, so much prettier and more romantic than plastic. Nice idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collection of glass bottles! And I love even more how you repurposed them :D

    I would be honored to have you add it to my blog party

    Amaze Me Monday Blog Party

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!! Absolutely lovely. Gotta do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so clever. I love bottles, all shapes and sizes. Yes, they look so much better than the clunky jars and the plastic bottles. Great ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome idea! I LOVE using decanters and mason jars for every and any thing, too. Not sure I needed another excuse to empty out the bottles in my bar, but hey, it's going to be a long winter! Thanks for sharing.
    Christy
    www.11magnolialane.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea...they look so pretty and very girly.

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea, but I'm impressed mostly because you drink some awesome tequila! I want to have margaritas at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so cute! i just picked up an apothocary jar & using wine stopper as well for on the top with my bath salts inside the jar....having multiple sizes like yours are darling!
    xoox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! What a great idea. Thanks for sharing and for your inspiration.

    Enjoy your day,
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty. What a fabulous idea. I neve though about using the empty bottles, this looks wonderful. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for this wonderful idea. I also take bubble baths almost every night. I will definitely find some pretty bottles for the bubble bath. Love the Brighton angel stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Rita,
    I love this idea!! I have been saving my Patron bottles and use them for vases but I never thought to use them as a new home bath luxuries!!
    Thanks so much for sharing~
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea. They look so much prettier than the other containers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful idea! I know what I will be doing with some bottles when we finish them off. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What super ideas, its like a win/win situation!
    very pretty, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't drink, but those bottles are so pretty. I will be decorating my bathroom soon, so I may have to come up with something like this that will work for me. I'm sure I can find bottles somewhere. I love how you mixed and matched the stoppers for a collective look too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome idea! I don't drink and I don't have friends who drink (this is not on purpose) it just happened that none of our friends drink. I guess I could buy the tequila and pour it out and use the bottles!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow! very creative of you! the bottles are beautiful! great way to reuse it! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great idea. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful. Just love the look of this display.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was Googling "mouth wash containers" and your blog post from last year came up. Love your idea of using old tequila bottles, etc. for bath oils, etc. I'm going to look for some at GW.. can you tell we don't drink tequila? Great idea. I've been looking for a new mouth wash bottle.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your reuse of containers. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I know I'm late to the party. but love the idea. thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete