Thursday, March 3, 2011

Garden Angel

Walking around my yard with a camera.
This garden angel was a gift to my mother from her friend and neighbor Sheila.
She watches over the flowers.
Pink Geranium
 Amaryllis...last week.
Amaryllis this week....WOW!
They bloom every year at this time.
Yellow Crown of Thorns


Pink Hibiscus
White Oleander
Bougainvillea and Oleander on lake side.
Bougainvillea in the front yard.
Bright fuschia pink
Bougainvillea Flowers. The white part is the flower. The colored petals are actually the bracts.
Much like a poinsettia.
Variegated Croton
 Firecrackers
Variegated Ginger
Double Petal Red Hibiscus
Herb Garden
Winter Impatients
Red Crown of Thorns
The lake on the side and back of our house.
 Yellow Buttercup
Yellow Buttercup
 Bougainvillea on the other side yard.
Trimmings to bring inside to fill a vase.
Bougainvillea  arch-in-training.
 Orchid Tree
 Orchid Tree
Orchid Tree
Clerodendrum trellis on the side of the house.
Boston Fern
Pink and White Bougainvillea

Boston Fern as ground cover under the palm trees.
Variegated Croton
Pink Hibiscus
The sidewalk  where we walk the doggies.
I'm going inside now for a tall glass of iced tea.
Have a good day!

Cheers!



9 comments:

  1. The flowers are making me swoon ~ and the angel is just adorable. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah right, a glass of tea? You are giving me some serious conpetition with your yard. I can't believe the photography. Jeanie C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so many beautiful flowers! I could just cry! It feels like it's been winter forever here *sighs* I wish the sceen was scratch and sniff *winks* And your garden angel is lovely! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, this is INCREDIBLE! I'm over the moon with envy lol. Our new home has no yard, well it does but it's entirely comprised of beautiful stamped comcrete. So while we can have great BBQ's and basketball games back there and save lots of money on water... I wont be seeing anything like what you have. I might have to invest is lots of large posts for some beautiful flowers!

    I would be delighted if you would share this at my VIP party today as well.

    Fabulous work!

    http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/02/hows-it-hangin.html

    Sommer

    ReplyDelete
  5. found you at designer garden. i have a Wednesday party, i'd love it if you checked it out.

    http://typeadecorating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita May, Thank you for brightening my day! Ooooh, what beautiful flowers, thanks for sharing.
    Barb in windy Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita, your garden is beautiful! Love the sweet fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooops, just realized she a garden angel, not fairy. She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. EVERYTHING is just gorgeous! I so envy you being able to have plants and flowers all year round. As a florist that is my dream but will never happen. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete