Sunday, March 6, 2011

March Mug Shots Makeover and More

 Mugs from Portmeirion Garden Botanic are on the coffee bar mug rack.  
Fresh flower prints for Spring.
 Coffee filters in a little basket and two
 Portmeirion canisters,one for tea bags
and one for sugar and sweetener packets.
A thrift shop glass dome covers a plate of
  cowboy cookies.
I got out the large Longaberger basket 
that holds a few decorative items for St. Patrick's Day.
The basket is stored here.
Kitchen towels, aprons, ribbons, signs, tablecloths, 
all green and white and with shamrocks.
The towel bar at the end of the island gets
 two fresh towels. They're  topped with two
 hand crocheted pot holders I found in a thrift shop.
Change of Heart
The wooden heart gets a shamrock ornament. 
It hangs on the end of a kitchen cabinet.
The dog cookie jar gets trimmed with
 green and white ric rac. 
Sewing notions from my mother-in-law's 
sewing supplies that were going to get tossed.  
Old Ball jars are filled with green tea 
and green dried split peas. 
   I used another old ball jar with no lid as a vase
for a bunch of fresh cilantro.
I filled a Portmeirion soap dispenser with
 green dish soap to sit next to the sink.
 I hung a Happy St. Patrick's Day sign.
 I made half of it...the back.
I found this lucky 13 sign today on the tennis courts. 
It was broken and fell off of the fence.
 Court 13 was getting a new sign. 
Number 13 was my Dad's favorite lucky number.
 He was born in 1913

Have a lucky day!

5 comments:

  1. How fun!! The towels and pot holders are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great metamorphosis! Well done. I love St. Paddy's!

    I am having a hilarious Linky party with prizes this Wednesday. Details are on my blog today.
    I hope you'll join in on the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute vignettes! I love the towels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! I love the towels and your coffee bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very festive, love the towels! And those cookies are looking really good too! :)

    xoxo,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete