Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beach-Inspired Tablescape

We've been going to the beach a little more often. 
 That gave me inspiration to have a little beach-y theme at home.
I started with a Longaberger 36" table square in
 the Shoreline pattern.
Grabbed a tennis can filled with napkin rings from my stash.
Used the matching Shoreline napkins.
The blue plate charger that I got at IKEA for $1.99 (HERE) 
and the white shell plate found at a Texas thrift store for $1.00 are added.
Glass scallop shell bowls were 10 cents each.
A lighthouse salt and pepper set.
My Longaberger wine basket is trimmed with a Shoreline garter. 
A few shells that I picked up at the beach last week
 are tied on with a thin ribbon.
A boat shaped basket holds sugar and creamer,
with room for an ice tea carafe.
I used two Longaberger small picnic baskets for the centerpiece.
They have matching Shoreline liners and handle ties.
 I added several large starfish found at a beach shell shop.
Shell votive candles are from Partylite.
Place setting.
Breakfast nook gets a beach look.

Have a Good Day!
Rita

17 comments:

  1. Love love love your table. The baskets make me want to take a long drive to the beach. Love the table covering and the napkins and the rings and the dishes. It is all so beachy cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beach theme tablescape! The picnic basket centerpiece idea is awesome...and I love all the special touches that makes this tablescape complete... the starfish, the shell plate and the lovely shell tablecloth. Great post!~Poppy

    http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life's a beach and you captured that breezy, carefree feeling so perfectly!

    I especially love the boat as a holder for the creamer and sugar. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks PERFECT!! What would be the perfect food for this tablescape...I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like such a relaxing table. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beach in the breakfast nook! It all looks as if we are having a picnic on the shore. Thanks for sharing this charming table setting. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is just perfect. I love the setting. Everything came together to create a beachy feel that I love!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rita, Thank you for sharing this beautiful tablescape at my party! I love the beach theme and what a pretty view of your pool.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, makes you want to put your feet in the water! The little boat basket was the finishing touch! Thanks for sharing!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beachy -love it! The baskets are a great touch too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a prefect setting! Makes me wonder what food did you serve ? So soothing to the senses to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita,
    This is beautiful! I love a beach themed anything. Just a gorgeous tablescape. I am ready for the beach! Thanks for linking this up! Would you please put a link to the HSH party in your post. Thanks!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great tablescape! You have really captured the beach theme. I love your Longaberger baskets and liners as the centerpiece. The white seashell dinner plates are quite a find. I also love the blue goblets in this setting. It's all very lovely!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there,
    I popped over from Susan's place for TT (I didn't do a tablescape this time but wanted to see all the pretty settings and this one is so refreshing! Very light and breezy beach feel.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ilove it and now I am ready to find a beach! Such cute little S&P shakers too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rita, wonderful tablescape. the view from your breakfast room is wonderful! Feels like your right on the ocean. Thanks for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rita, your tablescape is beautiful. I love the soft yellow with blues--romantic!

    ReplyDelete