Thursday, July 17, 2014

Blue & White Fabric Scrap Wreath

I've made several fabric scrap wreaths. 
They are so easy that I made this one last
night while watching TV. 
 I wanted a blue and white one for summer.
 I just bend a wire hanger into a circle and tie
on the strips of fabric. Push together tightly.
 This one is on a clear wreath hanger
hooked over the kitchen cabinet door.
It's a great way to repurpose old clothing, 
especially if it has sentimental  value.
 Cut a few long pieces about 8" wide and cut
 a small snip spacing about 1-1/2" wide to 
make is easy to rip the fabric. Don't bother 
to measure. This is a scrap wreath. 
 Now rip into strips.
 Do a bunch to get a good start on your 
wreath. You'll need to do more anyway.
Here's the salvaged fabric I used.
This blue and white striped sheet belonged
to my Mother. Lots of fabric here for projects.
 I also used a few sets of men's pajamas.
These belonged to Larry's Dad. I saved them
 years ago. I  knew the blue colors would be 
just right for a future project. 
Notice how they spelled pyjama.

Pajamas and pyjamas both refer to loose-fitting clothes worn for sleep. Pajamas is the preferred spelling in American English, while pyjamas is preferred in the main varieties of English from outside the US. 

What do you use?
Pajamas, Pyjamas or PJs

Cheers!



4 comments:

  1. I love the blues. And making with things that have sweet sentimental value is a bonus. I was wondering if you got my comment on FB, about the wire baskets. Any way I followed your instructions and made a couple. Thank you for sharing your great ideas: http://returntoloblolly.blogspot.com/2014/07/o-brother-where-art-thou.html ....if you get a chance I would love for you to come see how cute my baskets turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the blue colors! A great way to upcycle for sure. Thank you for following on my blog and Pinterest. I'm your newest follower on both, too.

    Happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I've always wanted to make a quilt with the recycled fabric of men's blue striped shirts. Still on my list. Ha!

    ReplyDelete