Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thrifty Tablescape

I found a small rag rug at BBB for 
the floor by the front of the sink.
But first it made it to the table.
It was only $2.99 (less 20%) 
and had great fall colors that would work 
with things I already had.
Why not use it as a runner first?
The battery candles were 20 cents.
The striped lampshades were 40 cents.
All thrift store finds.
I just tighten the bulb to turn on.
They give a nice soft glow at night. 
Gathered a few things to add.
I'm using very old small breadboards that 
(German brettchen)
had been used by my parents 
for as long as I can remember. 
They hold my sour cream dill bread 
and a small votive filled with herb butter 
and a sprig of rosemary.
apple red, cornflower blue and natural tan
Sometimes it just takes a few thrifty finds to 
get me started on a new look for the table. 
~~~~~~~~~~~
The rest of this fall dinner menu is
with 
Cheers!







14 comments:

  1. Oh I just love thrifty finds! Love the table scape colors. And that menu sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Rita! You come up with some of the best bargains!!! The price on that runner cum rug is just fabulous! I'm with Teresa on this one: Bargains rule!!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors and the textures. I'm going to try to stop by BBB tomorrow to see if mine still offers the rug...it's an exciting choice for a table runner. At that price, I might even buy several, if they're available. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! I love the thrift finds too and so perfect on the table...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good...so come on over and share all your thrifty treasures at my party...it's still going on.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty -- isn't it fun to see things in a whole new way? Great ideas here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very pretty table! I love the rug....thrifty finds always the best!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a good idea loved it.

    The colar and the look so beautiful and lıved the light lamps.

    Karin Şen Cankan
    karinsfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very creative! I wish I had an old bread board from my family. Think of the dinners that board has seen! The bread looks yummy!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to use the rug as a runner, the colors are great! Sometimes inspiration comes from unexpected sources!! Great table, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great fund in the rug... good idea to use it as a runner.. I bet those old brettchen are German? Used for evening meals that mainly consist of sandwiches?? xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, This is such a pretty table and very creative using the rug. I love the old bread boards. I am so glad you linked to the Open House party this week.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea to use the new rug for a runner before putting it to use on the floor! The colors you have used are some of my favorites so I really enjoyed looking at these pictures of your table. The Brettchen are so adorable! I make a dill bread in the bread machine; it's time to make some soon with the cooler weather upon us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like your layering of paisley lines with rag rug - rich, full, not over done

    ReplyDelete