Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Our Top Projects of 2011

Our top 18 projects for 2011.
Click on any of the blue highlighted words
to see the entire before and after post.
We built a 'sleve'  Wood planter box.
We remodeled the pantry into a
Cottage style dish pantry makeover.
 We built a potting bench with leftovers.
 We recycle all wine bottles as a garden edge.
 We repurposed a salvaged kitchen cabinet
in our van and added a 'wood' floor.
 Larry built bookshelves in the hallway.
 A small patio makeover at daughter
Kim's house in Texas.
 I made a knock-off Pottery barn mirror
for the family room at Kim's house.
We painted furniture black in the
Bedroom makeover at Kim's
 We added legs to the kitchen island.
 Lots of storage here with the
Salvaged kitchen cabinets remodel.
 Made a rustic tool tote using
old pickets and a branch.
Used more leftover fence pickets for
A picket fence table runner.
Found this bedroom set on Craig's List 
for $65 and painted it white.
 Made these large pumpkin blocks for fall.
 Made a sign...actually made a few signs.
 Here is how I make mine.
 Found this bed on Craig's List for $150 
and did a bedroom makeover.
Removed the cabinet doors in the kitchen. 
All the better to see the Christmas dishes.

I already have a few things planned for 2012.
Stay tuned!

Cheers!


13 comments:

  1. Fun re-cap! Being a new follower, it was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you re-highlights are great. Really enjoyed seeing them all. Some I have not seen before. Love the van, now I want one to. My hubs is gonna be mad at you for giving me the idea. You really very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All fantastic projects!! You sure were busy!1

    Looking forward to what you will be sharing with us in 2012!

    Happy New Year!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Busy girl!!! I really enjoyed looking at your 2011 accomplishments. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of things--I will have to look at some of them more closely. The wine bottle idea is so cool. Love the new bookcases too! I need some of those. We downsized from a home with loads of built in bookcases to a condo. I got rid of tons of books and am trying to mainly use my kindle. But we still like having some real books and my shelves here are already full! http://nannykim-nannykim.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita,
    Visiting from TT...WoW...that's a lot of projects, ma'am! Everything turned out lovely!!! I adore the bed you found on Craig's List. Great find!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun tour...but you make me exhausted!! Looking forward to seeing what you are up to for 2012!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh, you accomplished so many pretty things. I still love the bookcase storage under the counter.. how wonderful! Here's hoping the new year brings much warmth, cheer and many, many blessings. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very impressive - what beautiful and useful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your projects! Especially the open cabinets with the Christmas dishes!
    Your blog is great and I am now a follower! :)

    superfluouslysabro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog dog is adorable. What a great idea to use the chicken wire on the kitchen cabinet. I also love the dresser you painted white. Those vintage dressers deserve to be revived. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in awe of all the projects you got done in your house this past year! I am feeling guilty and very unhandy, lol. Love the wine bottles as a border.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, you have been really busy. I love all your projects but especially the salvaged cabinets...such a great idea! Rita, Thanks for linking to the Open House Party and take care.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete