Sunday, June 26, 2011

Mirror Makeover

I eventually re-use all the things I save.
They just wait for inspiration.
Before we left on our road trip to Texas we did a Pottery Barn mirror knock-off. 
The wall behind Kim's sofa needed something. 
I had a saved mirror in our garage for years that we could salvage.
It hung in our house in the 80's when Kim graduated from high school.
You should have disco music playing in your head now!
All it needed was some updating. 
Larry used 3/4" rounded molding
and corner molding for the chipped edge.
We sprayed the molding with
 Rust-Oleum's oil rubbed bronze.
Glued the vertical strips on, then cut and added the 
smaller horizontal strips.
We used a French cleat mounted on the back 
and on the wall to hang it securely.
 It reflects the fireplace on the opposite wall. 
 And her pretty oil painting.
It also brings more light into the room.
The dog model is her fur-baby Fritzie.
He's part of our Yorkie family.
They all had a nice visit too.

Go Forth and Salvage Something!



17 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe that was an old 80's mirror before! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! You're just the smartest one!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!
    Love Ingrid Michaelson..."The way I am"!
    Can you hear me singing????
    xoxo~kathy @
    Sweet Up-North Mornings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. I would never have thought to do that. Yay you.
    Love your chevron blog borders too btw.
    visiting via BNOTP
    Pam @ BeColorful

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice redo. Your Yorkie looks quite comfy on the couch too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great make-over. It looks so chic and it does brighten up the room more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the way your mirror turned out. Always nice when we can repurpose.. hugs ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe the transformation! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can't imagine a mirror in my garage all those years without getting broken but that's another story. Your transformation is wonderful and certainly looks like a PB original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super project. It doesn't look like the original and it's so chic and design-store looking. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an amazing makeover Rita!! I had one of those mirrors in my last house...now I wish I had it again. ;)

    BTW, my orange kitties name is Fritzy (with a Y). :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks terrific Rita! Well done! A perfect addition to a beautiful room!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! It looks great now! Beautiful transformation! You are very creative! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome redo! I'm a huge fan of figuring out how to recycle the things we already have - your recycled mirror is beyond fabulous! Looks wonderful in your pretty room :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahaha!! Singing AND my toes are dancing to My Sharona!!! :) Love your mirror~it's fantastic. I love those Ballard mirrors- they are so gorgeous and yours looks soo fabulous! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is lovely!! What a great transformation! Good thing you hung onto it. I shared this on my blog today: http://www.vixenmade.com/2012/04/amazing-home-decor-makeovers.html

    ReplyDelete