Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Family Room at Christmas

We moved the family room tree to this spot
 so that we would be close to it.
 All the better to see it.
 On the coffee table, my antique wooden bowl
 is filled with pinecones and a glass 
hurricane. It sits inside a large wreath.
 Red and gold ornaments sit on top.
The Spode Christmas Tree tea set.
It gets used almost every day.
A Christmas quilt hangs on the side of
the antique armoire. This tree holds all
The memento Christmas ornaments. 
 Hand painted of Barrington IL. 
We lived there for 15 years.
 Craft fair snowman.
 Gift shop finds while traveling.
 Passed on from family members.
 Gifts
 Gifts.
The Mouse in the House from
Normandy United Methodist Church Women's
Club 1975 Annual Christmas Luncheon.
It was a must holiday event for everyone 
in Dayton, Ohio
These colorful family ornaments I've collected
over 36 years. It's fun to  remember where
 most of them came from. 
A large basket of pinecones behind the back sofa.
 Cloches on the sofa table.

 I found this birdcage for $1 last week 
at a drive-by garage sale.
 My Lenox santa
The two cute snowmen are wine totes.
They were gifts brought to my annual 
Tennis Girlfriends Christmas Party. 
My friends jokingly said that they knew
I was short on Christmas decor!
The top of the Henredon wall units have lighted garland
and a garland of wooden hearts and stars on
 a twine rope. The small stockings are made 
from antique quilt pieces.
 Ivory Nativity figurines were thrift store finds.
 Another thrift store creche.
Extra Christmas cards are stored in a 
Longaberger card basket.
A display of Santas at the back of the room



 A wire basket holds the Christmas Edition 
Southern Living books. Good for browsing.
 Christmas colored throws
and pillows
Santa's laundry on a clothes line

CHEERS!

10 comments:

  1. 36 years and still collecting, I hope! Beautiful trees, ornaments, and displays. Great creche finds. What a joy to celebrate the birth of our Lord during this season. Merry Christmas. ~CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. eautyful.Ilove yr home .is look very cozy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita. how wonderful for you to have so many wonderful memories on your tree. I love your santas and the quilted stockings.. Merry Christmas, xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family room decorations are so lovely. My older home does not have one, you think if I wish hard enough Santa would give me one. Wow you lived in IL, I am a native Illinois. Happy holidays, and thanks for sharing at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks beautiful and so festive!! The Barrington one is so cute...it's a beautiful area (I lived in Chicago for 14 years!!)

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing your Christmas decorations. Ornaments are such emotion-holders, most times bringing smiles to our faces and sometimes bringing a tear or two.

    I loved your tree and your cloche display, too. You have created some lovely vignettes.

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CHRISTmas Blessings from my mountain top to your home…May it be the best one ever..Hugs and Love Gloria.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rita! Oh, I've loved seeing your pretty home and all of your pretty Christmas things and vignettes! What a pretty tree with all of those sweet ornaments!
    Merry Christmas and be a sweetie,
    Shelia:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have quite the collection. Thanks for sharing. You have great memories connected to your things! Merry Christmas!

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mementos ornies are so pretty, I love this kind of tree, mine is filled with memories from friends and family too...the best kind! I love your family room, it's so lovely, warm and inviting. Wishing you and yours a wonderful Chritmas and thank you for all the fabulous recipes you have sent me through out this year.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete