Monday, October 22, 2012

Gone Leafin' - Part 2, The Living Room

When we bought the condo it was 
a  blank slate. I wanted it to feel
 like a cabin...or cottage..or more cabin.
So it became our cabbage.
Hence the name of it's blog:
I don't keep it active anymore, 
but it's still there to see.
Come on inside!
This was how it started. 
The living room before.
Stone fireplace, log mantle, raised hearth.
 Double sliders on each side leading out to the
 large back deck.
Vaulted ceilings, hardwood floors.
Split bedrooms with baths on each side.
This is now.....
Stone fireplace with sunflower oil painting.
The painting was on sale in a gallery style 
restaurant. We were having my birthday 
dinner there along with my mother and 
she bought it for my birthday gift. 
Larry made the frame from pallet wood
 and I painted it with some
 of the leftover wall paint.  
We added the wood paneled ceiling and the
 beams to give it a more cabin/rustic feel.
 Also added the woodsy antler chandelier.
Dining area too.
We painted the accent wall in the dining area 
Barn Red by Sherwin Williams, a bold red. 
 The living area is painted Bagel by Behr, 
a warm gold color. 
We also added window treatments.
The  antique six drawer chest was bought 
at the Kane County Flea Market. We went 
every month when we lived in Barrington, IL.  
It's one of the best flea markets in the 
country. I got most of my Fleas finds there.
We used quite a bit of our old furniture
and art. It seemed to work better here.
I found a pair of antler lamps and an antler
 frame at one of the local shops. 
That's us with our three Yorkies, 
Lucky, Lucy, and Princess.
(This is our first October without Princess
 and we sure do miss her. She'll show up in 
some of these older pictures enjoying
 herself. Sweet baby.)
Our plywood bear project hangs on this wall. 
The bedrooms with baths are on each side .
The living room, Larry relaxing watching the
 big TV. It can be hidden behind the 
shuttered doors on the wall unit. 
A fire in the fireplace is a must for a cozy. 
North Carolina evening at home.
Lucy warming up after a walk outside.


Stay cozy.....


5 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely! I love your ceilings and beams my all time favorite for a ceiling. How beautiful everything is, and how proud of your home you must be, its hard to believe its a condo it really looks like its outside in the woods (very well done you two). What a dream home, I know I would love to live in your sweet cabin home and cozy up by the fire.
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful. Love the wood ceiling and the beams, perfect. Such a fabulous place. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on the coast, so we love to vacation in the mountains. This is just heavenly! I would have never thought to add the paneled ceiling. It makes the entire room!

    Found you through Coastal Charm, and glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful cabin/cottage! What a great idea for the ceiling! Really makes it! Enjoy your week in the Smokies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great space. Adding the wood paneling on the ceiling made all the difference. You really made it have that lodge/cabin feel that I love!! Love the red wall!! I have a little lucy too. She spells it Lucie and is human. She's 9 and would adore your yorkies.!!

    ReplyDelete