Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tea On The Patio

It's a beautiful sunny warm Sunday. A perfect day to be outside all day.
And enjoy an afternoon tea time break.
After a  morning of  playing tennis with friends, walking the doggies,  having lunch outside (chicken Caesar salad), reading the news about all the snow up north, stopping by the DQ to share a chocolate dipped cone, while out running a quick errand (see previous post re: DQ) and puttering with plants on the patio.
The Rhythm and Blue petunias have a wonderful scent.
They would be great on the patio coffee table. I found this shabby basket in the garage.  
I needed to do a quick little project involving a can of white spray paint.
And do a little cookie baking.
Selecting a tea from Fortnum & Mason, because I'm feeling very British.
Setting out the cookies.
Setting out the tea.
Setting out my tea table.
I chose my set from Villeroy & Boch to go with the flower theme.
The pattern is Botanica
Everybody was called to TEA!

Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. Tea on the patio sould and looks so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful spring table, I'm one of those up north who will be looking at a foot or more snow by tomorrow morning....thanks for the quick pick me up before it hits. Your table is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is so pretty and so inviting. Love the basket of pansies and the cookies look so good. Beautiful tablescape and the setting is perfect. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rita May!...I love the petunias, such colour! Beautiful china tea set and all looks delicious, I wish I was there for tea! Just gorgeous, like you!
    I just joyned Tuesday at Marty's, so you can visit me sometime pretty lady. Thank you for sharing. Did you make the delicious cookies? Very British high tea.

    XOXO
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Tea on the patio! Oh, the flowers blooming, and the lovely tarts! Lovely china makes me want to stay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your precious treasures on your table, Lady?

    The V&B is a fave.

    Blessings,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete