Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Thrifted Vintage China Cabinet

The china cabinet I found at Faith Farm 
thrift store is now in the spot formally
 occupied by the
Thrift Store Vintage China Cabinet
antique cupboard I found on Craigslist.
Note: I usually have plates hanging on
 each side of the cabinet. This time I'm
 using 2 antique Wilson tennis racquets
from 1906.
Craigslist Antique Cupboard
I couldn't decide which one to keep and 
which one to sell...for now.
 To give it a touch of Fall  I've added a
few things to the top. First, an antique
 board that I've had for over 30 years.
Then I hung a wine cork wreath on
the front using the hook from the 
wire hanger that was used to make the
 wreath. Just bend it and slip it over the top.
So easy to make one HERE.
 My collection of clay cookers has grown
 since I found the 2 chicken cookers
while thrifting, see HERE.
 The inside is filled with my collection of white
dishes. Some I've had for years and more 
pieces that have been found thrifting. 
This is a smaller china cabinet so it fits nicely
 in the hallway going into the kitchen from
 the dining room. Anyway, now I'm liking the
 FF cabinet, and I have it just the way
 I like it...again, for now.
 I posted the drawers being used HERE for 
organizing all my cocktail napkins. 
Speaking of thrifting. I bought this cabinet
for $49.00. I thought I might paint it white
like in this picture. Great possibilities!
But I'm leaving at is...for now.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. Your china cabinet is awesome Rita May! I love your clay pot collection, I have two. Your white dishes look lovely inside it and I like it natural wood. What a great find!
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your china cabinet, well all of them actually! Love how beautiful your white dishes look inside! I like this one natural!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful. I like the wood more and more lately. Not sure if I just find it more appealing...or If I'm basing my opinion on too lazy to paint furniture these days! ;)
    This looks lovely with all the white dishes filling it!
    came from MRL...to visit. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such exciting possibilities! It’ll be fun to see what you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh , I couldn't get rid of either one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore china hutches also. I actually have three in my house and I bought one at a Habitat for Humanity Re-Store that is in my garage. I plan on painting that one and making her beautiful again and selling her (unless I can find a spot for it LOL).

    ReplyDelete