Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wine Cork Garland & Wreath

Have you been saving wine corks?
I had enough for a garland and a
small wreath.
It was easiest for me to just
drill holes in all the corks. I kept 
them steady in a vice.
 I have fishing line stored in a tennis can 
with a hole punched in the lid for a dispenser. 
I use tennis cans for everything! 
It's easy to thread the fishing line through
 the corks with the pre-drilled holes.
It goes very fast.
I stopped when I had enough for my space.
 I decided to drape it in front of the cobbler's 
bench in my living room.
It worked well with my fall accents.
 I think the garland would look nice on a 
Christmas tree too. 
I could add red wooden balls between 
the cork for my next garlands.
 To hang it, I cut a piece of wire hanger and
 bent it into a hook. The hook slipped into the
 slots that are in the cobbler's bench.
Now, for the wreath.
 I had enough corks left for a simple little
wreath just useing a wire clothes hanger.
Thread on the corks.
Bend it into a circle and use the hook
to hang it from my chicken wire
cabinet doors in the kitchen. 
I tied on raffia to hide the hook.
A little wreath for the kitchen.
I can change the raffia for
any seasonal color ribbon.
Endless possibilities.

Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have done some projects with corks, but these look like fun! I was thinking maybe a topiary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! You and your wine corks!! I remember the post where you used the bottles to outline your flower beds! I need to drink more wine! I need more CORKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the cork decor, how fun and fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow its so cute. I have also heard about an organisation called CORKCLUB, they also used to collect wine cork and their aim is to increase the wine cork recycling by collecting the corks and donating money to help preserve the Earth.

    ReplyDelete