Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wine Cork Garland & Wreath

Have you been saving wine corks?
I had enough for a garland and a
small wreath.
It was easiest for me to just
drill holes in all the corks. I kept 
them steady in a vice.
 I have fishing line stored in a tennis can 
with a hole punched in the lid for a dispenser. 
I use tennis cans for everything! 
It's easy to thread the fishing line through
 the corks with the pre-drilled holes.
It goes very fast.
I stopped when I had enough for my space.
 I decided to drape it in front of the cobbler's 
bench in my living room.
It worked well with my fall accents.
 I think the garland would look nice on a 
Christmas tree too. 
I could add red wooden balls between 
the cork for my next garlands.
 To hang it, I cut a piece of wire hanger and
 bent it into a hook. The hook slipped into the
 slots that are in the cobbler's bench.
Now, for the wreath.
 I had enough corks left for a simple little
wreath just useing a wire clothes hanger.
Thread on the corks.
Bend it into a circle and use the hook
to hang it from my chicken wire
cabinet doors in the kitchen. 
I tied on raffia to hide the hook.
A little wreath for the kitchen.
I can change the raffia for
any seasonal color ribbon.
Endless possibilities.

Cheers!


5 comments:

  1. I love this idea. I have done some projects with corks, but these look like fun! I was thinking maybe a topiary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!! You and your wine corks!! I remember the post where you used the bottles to outline your flower beds! I need to drink more wine! I need more CORKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the cork decor, how fun and fabulous. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete