Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Make FALL Pumpkin Blocks

When I found this block pumpkin craft idea at
Today's Fabulous Finds
it had all the elements I like in a craft project.
   1.  I knew I could make it with
what I had at hand.
2. It looked easy.
3. I didn't have to buy anything.
4. It didn't take much time.
5. I could have something cute that I MAY'd.
First I found old scrap pieces of wood.
Larry cut the 2X4s into 4 equal pieces.
The large wood was cut into staggered
 heights for the next pumpkin project.
I mixed a small amount of two paints I had
 to use as a base coat.
I only had one small craft paint
in orange spice to use for the top coat.
I used Word to print out F A L letters.
I chose my font Curlz MT in size 280
choosing the outline option. 
I traced it onto the blocks using carbon paper.
I painted in the letters with a white paint pen.
I lopped a branch from a tree into 4 small
 pieces to use as a stem.
Attached the stem with hot glue.
Tied on a scrap of fabric and a strip of raffia.
I used copper wire to add tendrils.
Here they are sitting pretty on the
top edge of my microwave.
Another option would be on the breakfast table.
They also looked cute on the sofa table
in my family room. 
Square pumpkin blocks.....so many options.

Happy Fall!

23 comments:

  1. Really cute, Rita. I have just retired, so hopefully, I will have some time to craft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like I like.. so cute.. Love the toppers on the blocks.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!! I am SO going to make some of these!!!
    And thanks for yesterday's post! I am going to print and frame our last name and hang on our WHITE bedroom door. Your blog is the GREATEST! I always get ideas from you!
    PS.....working on the wine bottles! Laying them out in the back yard as a flower bed border. So much WINE! So little TIME!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, they're so cute Rita! Great idea to paint the letters on, I was thinking about stenciling them on for the next set I make, I'm trying it for sure now, yours look so good! Thanks for sharing the link with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita that is such a grand idea. Wow I love the colour you painted the blocks a load!

    Veronica

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute -- and your pumpkin patch is portable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so CUTE!! If I could only find someone to cut some blocks up FOR me!.. My favorite local lumber business just recently went OUT of business... breaks my heart. But maybe I can find another business/supplier to cut some pieces for me? We'll see.... Whatever the case, they look so sweet wherever you place them! Thanks for sharing how to make them! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Rita, they are so cute! and easy! Love it! I see you've changed out your plates in your chicken feeder for fall too! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute ! I love it going to make one.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The way you show your step-by-step process makes me think that even I might be able to do this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rita,
    What a cute idea. I love simple projects like this. They look great in your kitchen. Thanks for sharing the tutorial.
    Your newest Follower,
    Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are really great, Rita!!! You have the patience of Job!!! It's a good thing you have a man who is handy with a saw! (My husband THINKS he is!) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute idea for Fall, Rita. Thanks for sharing :D

    Visiting from My Romantic Home Linky Party,

    Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute and perfect to set a fall feeling! Lovely execution too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So well done! You've made a great head start on your Fall vignettes. Thank you for sharing the results and the how-to. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not much of a crater but these are adorable! I like them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute! I like that you can keep them out the whole season, not just for Halloween or Thanksgiving. By some of the other comments, I can see I will have to go through your archives to see what I have missed. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Rita, So cute and what a great idea! I adore the basket with the pumpkin top too. I am having so much fun seeing everyone decorating for Fall. Thanks for linking to the Open House party and enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love projects using scrap wood! Your blocks are too cute!
    thanks for linking up and linking back to catch as catch can.
    catching you this week,
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cute! Great job with the lettering!
    Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Too cute! You should sell on Etsy! Like your Halloween background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job May. Hope you'll link to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete