Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm A Packing Magician!

When we packed up our small car to return to
 Florida form our North Carolina trip I wanted 
to bring just a few things home with me. 
Larry said that NO WAY! was all that stuff
 going to fit into the car. Well.....
Here we go!
 Two large and two small duffel bags an
 other soft stuff in the backseat 
with the dog bed on top.
 Add three doggies who are always happy
to go on road trips, 
but this arrangement was new.
 They settled in fast and slept 
most of the time. Good doggies!
 Small cooler, snacks, drinks, books/magazines,
 phones, computers, ipod, camera, sweaters, 
pillow, blanket, purse, glasses, 
behind the seats...whew! 
Into the trunk! Yes, I brought home over 
200 golf balls,a large dough bowl, 
6 lampshades, a set of Christmas dishes, 
6 fall colored mugs, a Cuisinart, 
all my thrift store finds (see those HERE), 
two large platters, a lamp, wire basket, 
misc. kitchen stuff, pantry staples, 
a full large cooler. 
And a partridge in a pear tree!
 When Larry unloaded the car he said that he
 felt like a magician that keeps 
pulling things out of hat!
This was the first time that we took 
the convertible to NC and it was wonderful 
to drive the winding mountain roads
 on those beautiful fall days with the 
top down listening to a favorite CD.
See that drive HERE.

Cheers!

(click HERE to see our usual road trip vehicle)

12 comments:

  1. I got a real kick out of your packing! I am the magician packer at my house. I would suggest that you get an iPad for your reading pleasure. No more schelping books for me. For short trips, it even cuts the need for a laptop. BTW, we that can do this kind of thinking is usually the more spatial thinking of the couple! Happy Thanksgiving.
    Beckie in Brentwood, TN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you got it all! Ha ha
    Love your new items, thank you for sharing!
    Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for you. I think you did a great job of getting it all in. Great treasures too. Love the car. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific new treasures and I applaud your packing skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Goodness you're good! Oh Rita, what an incredible magician you are...it's not like the trunk was from an SUV! Yeah, we do that when we want our things, yeah, lol! The doggies are the cutest and they also found some soft and cozy space to travel! You cracked me up! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive packing job! It's nice that your doggies like to ride. Ours do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...you sure know how to pack!!! QUEEN of PACKING!!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! Saw some eye candy in your pictures. Love the dog bed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job packing! We recently took a road trip from here in FL to my hometown in NJ. I went a little crazy shopping there and my husband was none too happy squeezing things around his golf clubs! Hey, if the shopping is good you have to go for it, right?

    Robin
    Robin Flies South

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have such a difficult time getting everything together to do a road trip, but looks like you have it down pat! I'm impressed, and I love the red convertible!!

    joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. As above give a nice post. I like to saw magic and i am always interested to saw nice magic. Here give a different types of magic details. that really organised big Shaw of nice magic.

    Toronto Magician

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ARE a magician!!!!!!! That is amazing that you got all that in the car!!! I am totally impressed. We are going to Fl. in Feb. and I always need an SUV for all our stuff:):) YOu are amazing! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete