Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Blue Breakfast Tablescape

My inspiration for this week's table is the blue hydrangea plant that 
my friend Cathy brought to the Easter celebration.
I love blue hydrangeas,
but they do not love South Florida gardens. They are a treat for us at Easter. 
I started with a Blue Paisley tablesquare from Longaberger.
I layered my cobalt blue glass chargers and used
the Villeroy & Boch dishes in the Vieux Luxembourg pattern.
Added a pleated Blue Paisley Longaberger napkin tucked into
a cornflower blue Longaberger pottery napkin ring.
The cobalt blue goblets are from Walmart.
V&B salt and pepper.
 Blue and white is a favorite.
This V&B pattern is timeless. It was commissioned for Louis XV in 1745.
The V&B tea set
A three piece jam/condiment set was a gift from
 friends visiting us from Germany, Rita and Franz.
 The V&B cache' pot holds the plant.
The breakfast area.
V&B candlesticks with a white berry bobeche. 
Tonights treat with our steak is artichokes with garlic lemon butter!
So easy to make. Recipe HERE.

Have a good day!



12 comments:

  1. Your blue and white is just gorgeous. I think it is such a pretty combination. What a fun table to sit down to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved seeing all your blue and white! Everything looks great...even that artichoke! I don't think I have ever cooked one. Looks interesting, though!

    Thanks for the garlic lemon butter recipe! I am SO making some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that pattern myself. It's so delicate and classic. Your table setting showed it off to it's finest. A great way to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That V&B pattern is so deinty sweet, and classic and at the same token, so elegant, I really love it! I would love to have breakfast on a table like you have designed for today. The jam-condiment present from your friends really add a special touch for your china. Love it!
    Hugs
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita! OH, your table is gorgeous! I love love your beautiful dishes and looks like you have so many pieces and accessories for them! The hydrangea is one of my most favorite flowers.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The V&B is such a beautiful pattern...and of course, I adore the blue and white. Hydrangeas are always such a special treat....as is you menu...both are favorites at our house. Thank you for sharing your lovely design. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your table is beautiful, and blue is my favorite color and I love V & B dishes! I think you'd like a slice of my recently posted cake to serve for dessert after your delicious dinner! I was just looking for an artichoke recipe and I'm going to check yours out! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, I love your dishes and especially the tea set and the cute condiment jars. thank you for sharing your lovely table at my party.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love blue ware, Yorkies and your blog. I am a new follower! I hope you'll visit our blog soon!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a lovely table setting. I'm into blue and white for the first time in my life! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am not usually envious but just love your dishes especially the tea set. I love yorkies too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty I love blue and white together. I enjoyed my visit toy our lovely blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete