Thursday, August 21, 2014

Using Trays For Vignettes

I love using trays. 
I always have a tray in this spot on 
the bar counter in the kitchen.
Trays make it so easy to create a 
seasonal vignette and change it often.
Playing around with a little raffia.
The wood tray on the family room
coffee table for Summer.
 I added a vintage linen hand towel.
It has a light blue detail and fits in the
tray perfectly. 
The breakfast table usually has a tray
 corralling an ever-changing assortment
 of my things.
I also like to use a small tray next to the sink.
This time I'm using a spatterware platter to 
hold soap/lotion dispensers, and a small vase 
filled with a few fresh herbs. The tray
makes it easy to move everything when I
wipe down the counters.  
The sugar pot is filled with homemade hand
scrub: sugar with just enough dish liquid to
 make a creamy/gritty paste. I used blue
dish liquid to match my colors. That way I
can have any color I want. See some
others HERE. Using this to wash my 
hands, especially after gardening leaves 
them clean and so smooth.

Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. Hi Rita,
    Your vignettes are so pretty! You have inspired me!
    Now if I can keep Mr. Sweetladyelaine from dumping his stuff in them, I would be happy!
    Have a great weekend!
    Blessings My Friend,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of trays but keep forgetting to try them myself in home decorating. Thanks for this reminder and for showing us great ways to use trays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an inspirational post. I have the same hurricane jar and so I love the idea.

    TY for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to use trays in vignettes too. But I don't like them on my counters, I lived for so long with so little counter space that now I want nothing on them. Always love your vignettes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the versatility of using trays great idea with the little rafia on the candles.Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I always glean something from your posts!! Love all the tray vignettes!

    ReplyDelete