Thursday, November 1, 2012

NC-Part 7: Wine Cork Mirror & Wine Bar

Here's another wine project. 
Save your wine corks and when you have
 enough, you can glue them to a piece of
 plywood and add a mirror.
Trim the edges with molding. 
Stain or paint the way you want. 
Now you have a customized 
mirror for above your wine bar. 
Don't forget to write the dates on the
 corks from special occasions, weddings,
 anniversaries, cruises, and you'll have a
great keepsake as well.
 Larry and I made this while here at the
 "cabbage" in North Carolina.

The wine cork framed mirror hangs above the
 salvaged tool bench that's now our wine bar.

I made my own bear coasters.
 I traced an outline of a black bear on a
leftover piece of tumbled stone tile.
Filled in with black paint pen.
Then I cut a piece of cork contact paper for
the back. Here's my set on the wine bar.
I made the sign and brought it here
because we always say...
"It's Wonderful To Be Back" every time
we arrive in North Carolina.
(See how I made the sign HERE.)

Stay Cozy.....


12 comments:

  1. I have no words !
    It is perfect and lovely idea !
    Congratulation !Have a happy month !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I happen to have a *few* wine corks lying around...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mirror! I have lots of wine corks, so supplies are not an issue. Have a great weekend.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been saving wine corks for years without any notion of what I want to do with them. You just may have solved that. I love your mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just happen to have a few corks.. I'm sure I could produce a mirror or two.. Great idea for our wine cellar! would not have thought on this on my own.. great job.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. My hubby is building a bar in our new basement and this mirror would be perfect. Thanks for the inspiration!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! Now theres a great use of all those wine corks:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have extended family that live at the bottom of Mt. Mitchell in Burnsville, NC and had the pleasure of staying with them this spring. Wow! What an awesome site from their front porch. Can't wait to go back. Love the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really beautiful. oh gosh, yet another thing to do with my mountain of corks...Thank you for sharing it at http://www.finecraftguild.com A new linky party opens today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cool idea--your wine cork mirror looks just the perfect accent above your bar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a first time visitor, but I just wanted to tell you how much I love this project! I've pinned it to my "corks" project board on Pinterest! Thanks for the inspiration. Hope you'll stop by my blog sometime too! http://sixthstreetsunshine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete