Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Wine Themed Sofa Table

My DIY wine barrel lid lazy susan
in my previous post got me
thinking of more wine themed ideas.  
Why not a wine theme on the sofa table?
'Wine in a box'
I had everything I needed. 
I started with a wood wine crate and filled
 it with blue and white grape leaf plates. 
I put wine bottles in 4 different
 holders: a fabric bag, a clay chiller, 
a Longaaberger basket and a metal tote.
I also added a Longaberger ice bucket
 basket and an 'Entertaining With Wine' book.
'Va-Va-Va Vino' notebook to record
memorable wines or times and my
favorite wine bottle opener.
An apothecary jar filled with corks and a
glass wine decanter to properly aerate the 
wine and let it ~breathe~. 
It does make a difference. Even cheap 
inexpensive wines taste better.
A candle hurricane filled with pebbles.
 A small Longaberger basket holds a few of 
my assorted wine stoppers. 
(in case there is leftover wine.)
 The small blue lidded basket holds all my
 wine charms. A little wine bar/sofa table.
Lucky is demonstrating that wine 
can make one sleepy!
Cheers!


16 comments:

  1. Perfect! I like the collected look, and the blue china. Very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very resourceful!!! What better or more creative way to enjoy "wine in a box" than this? :-) MUCH better box!!! Something like this would make a great hostess gift or welcome-to-the-neighborhood gift. Lucky has the right idea...sip a bit, then take a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky is one smart pup! He picked the perfect place to nap! Love your wine table!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita, What a fun idea! I've been working on my sofa table,too, but not a cute wine theme like yours. :) Love your idea and all the wine accessories. I could do with a glass right now.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative...

    Love your whimsical basket collection.
    Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect place for your wine vignette! The grape plates are just gorgeous. All the baskets are perfect with the wine theme. Great idea!

    Thanks, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a nice wine station. Love all the blue and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The vignette is lovely, Rita! I would be delighted if your would link to Potpourri Friday, in progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea with the wine crate. Could use it for a gift basket. Love that you picked the blue and white china.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing your lovely vignette at Potpourri Friday! I appreaciate you sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute idea Rita May! Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your wine inspired vignette. I always love when a box or crate are involved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. An additional wine accessory is the wine collar. It fits around the neck of the wine bottle. It stops any dripping that may occur after the bottle of wine has been poured. This is important because it help prevents the staining of surfaces that the wine may come in contact with such as counter top, tables, and table cloths. Wine collars are also generally known as a drip ring, drip dickey or drip collar.

    wine accesories

    ReplyDelete