Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Button Wine Charms

I just finished making these cute button wine charms.
 Here's  what you'll need.

skill level: no skill required
supplies: buttons (you've collected), earring hoops (or wire), needle nose pliers...that's it!
cost: pennies for the wire hoops
time: in 5 minutes you'll have a set.
gratification: instant!


 I gathered a few jars of buttons. I had a few earring hoops on hand. In no time I had festive wine charms. I used red, green and white for Christmas. You can use any colors, for every season or decor.
Just thread the buttons onto the hoops.
 You can get these at the craft store. You could also make your own by bending wire around a broom handle and making a small loop at one end.
 Two or three buttons on each hoop.
 Then bend the straight end with your pliers to make a hook.
 That's it!
 Viola!
It's fun to pick out different buttons.
It will help keep your guests wineglasses properly identified.
I think I'll make some to use anytime too.
A set would make a cute small gift.
Quick, Cute, Easy, No Cost, No Skill....my kind of craft!

Cheers! 
Rita


Links: It's So Very Cheri, The Style Sisters, Between Naps On The Porch, Life As Lori,
Somewhat Simple, Tales From Bloggeritaville, My Romantic Home, Fine Craft Guild
All Things Heart & Home, Funky Junk Interiors

22 comments:

  1. Now aren't you the clever one. Those are just darling. I would never have thought of this!!! Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow now this is cute! great idea. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a brilliant idea! My mind is racing with all kinds of options with this one creative start.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've purchased wine charms before and often thought it would be neat to make them.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like these! What a clever and economical idea for a personalized gift. :-)
    ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rita,

    I just became your latest follower. This is a darling idea. I have so many buttons that I could make a set like this in now time. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh!!! I like this idea! What a great one, thanks! I'm joining as a follower, hope you will check me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there,

    Smart way to see which & who owns the glass, right?

    Last summer 2010, I found some pretty mini fruits in an odd store in Old Town in Stockholm.

    I couldn't resist to buy some for me & that, I made my own fruity glass sign.

    I will share some of these days coming.

    But, absolutely stunning thoughts using buttons. TY for sharing. I might make more some of this.
    To change my summery signs.

    Happy TS…

    Greeting from a freezing Stockholm.
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing such a easy craft. I am thinking of all the ways to use this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely brilliant! Wow...this has given me a great idea. My brain is churning furiously right now!!! Fabulous idea, Rita! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh how adorable! Such a creative use for odd buttons, charms and beads! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such great wine charms! Thanks for the cute tut. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your clever idea! I have tons of buttons and now I have a new project! Thanks.

    I knew I'd love your blog when I heard your music..."THE PUPPY SONG" one of my very favorites! You must be a fan of the movie "You've Got Mail" as I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A set of these with a nice bottle of wine would be a great gift for the holidays. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a clever idea and cute too. I love your blog banner ;) Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now we're talking ~ "skill level: no skill required"! This is my kind of project! : ) What a great idea and you have such a great collection of buttons to work with.

    ReplyDelete