Monday, September 17, 2012

September Table

I was chomping at the bit for a little
fall change on the table.
Fall is a state of mind in South Florida,
and my cicadian rhythm was humming!.
It started (as it often does) with my search
for a fun table runner.
Off came the summer white shutter runner.
 I found a board in the garage and gave it a good scrub.
 I wiped it down with mineral oil, as I do for
my kitchen island butcher block. I keep the oil
soaked rag in a tennis can (HERE)
to use over and over again.
I've added a few pieces of the 
blue and white orchard fruit dishes. 
Out came the rattan chargers.
 I only have 6 cups & saucers and 6 small
 bowls of the fruit dishes, but they
mix and match nicely with the rest
of my blue & white dishes.
 Partridge in a pear tree tea set.
 A clever trivet made by screwing wine corks
onto the ends. A little touch of my fall wine 
theme seen in my previous posts.
Wine!
 I set the wood board on two nubby woven 
placemats for more texture and color.
 Glass insulator caps are filled with tea lights.
 The Longaberger tote basket is the centerpiece.
 I'll also be using my grapevine dishes.
 Pop a little orange leaf on top.
Good for salads or dessert.
Set for breakfast, lunch, and
DINNER! Garlic Shrimp & Cheese Grits.
Get the recipe on my recipe blog HERE.

Cheers!

11 comments:

  1. I love those blue and white orchard fruit dishes. Really pretty. I'm a big fan of blue with a bit of orange, too. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fall change !I liked the blue dishes and the way you put on the orange leaf ! Beautiful !
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Rita. I love those grapevine dishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love blue and white with orange! think itis a beautiful combo. Talk about chomping at the bit......I am DYING to get into the new house. 10 days to go!!!!!!!!!! Love that tea set, so pretty. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita I have been following you for a long time and thot it time I dropped in to say hello. So sorry about your little doggie-they are like our children. Love your home, ideas, and recipes. Dishwashing detergent-THA BEST! This table setting is my fav. Have a nice day in Florda-Im in southern Missouri and the furnace actually kicked on early this am. Middle of the day will be hot. Have a blessed day and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it. This is absolutely perfect. The board makes the best backdrop for all of your tablesetting. Lovely. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a really cool trivet! Great idea, Rita! The runner is a FABULOUS idea!!!!! The table looks great! Happy Fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your tablescape. I especially am fond of the woven mats. I thought it was a table runner and was going to ask where you found it. Looking at the wines has given me a THIRST!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rita the board looks fantastic!...I love wood,any kind,it's just so perfect.
    Blue and white dishes are another favorite,love the pop with leaf plates too...shucks I just love everything...the shrimp and grits...get out town delish, wish I had some right now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so pretty and inviting! Thank you for sharing. Visiting from My Repurposed. Would ove it it you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just the most charming table!! I love it all but ADORE the leaf dishes. Looks like fall to me, not matter WHAT it's like outside!

    ReplyDelete