Sunday, March 4, 2012

March Kitchen Cabinet

I changed the paper on the back of my kitchen cabinet again.
I change the dishes we use daily, so it's a 
quick change of the background paper too.
This is how I do it.
 I remove the dishes and shelves.
I found this big roll of green and white paper
for only 25 cents after Christmas at Target.
I don't think it looks Christmas-y and it's the
exact width of the cabinet. 
So cut and tape and in it goes.
In go the dishes for March.
 Portmeirion Botanic Garden
A few plates are displayed in the back.
Cups go on the hooks.
Salt & Pepper
 Pitcher
 I'll leave this paper up for Easter too. 
It's a good spring green color.
 The ivory dishes are Longaberger. 
They have a classic blue edge, but
 you don't notice that on the higher shelves.
The 9x13 and 8x8 casseroles and 
two platters sit on wrought iron stands.
 The top left shelf holds 4 green enameled 
covered crocks that I found for
 $1 in a thrift store in NC.
Lucky 13, my Dad's favorite number.
A bigger view of this side of the kitchen.
All ready for St. Patrick's Day.

Cheers!


See more kitchen cabinet monthly makeovers;
Christmas (December) cabinet HERE
Winter (January) cabinet HERE
Valentine (February) cabinet  HERE
Spring/Easter (April) cabinet  HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
links: The Girl Creative, Common Ground
My 1929 Charmer, The House In The Roses
Under The Table and Dreaming,
Between Naps On The Porch,
A Stroll Thru Life, Thrifty Decor Chic

20 comments:

  1. Looks great. I have never thought of using wrapping paper for your cabinets. That's a really great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great change Rita! I love Portmeirion Botanic Garden range, my neighbour and cousin both collect and use it daily - I have a few pieces but have to stop myself buying more as so little storage space left!
    Have a great week.
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color for your spring cupboard-great idea!
    I also love the collection of blue and white china in your banner.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita it looks great! I love the Portmeirion Dishes they are so spring like. Please check out my new blog.
    suzan
    Ladybug Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this idea. It turned out so great for you! I have glass front cabinets for my dishes as well and never thought to do this - but my dishes are all white, so I'm now thinking that I could do this in a color to make my dishes pop in front of the back. Thank you for this inspiration - this is something I'm DEFINITELY going to do! I'm so excited now :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful change! You are inspiring me to do the same. I change my everyday dishes several times a year so maybe I will post about it too. Your dishes are GORGEOUS!!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how a little thing like adding "Christmas" paper can make such a big, lovely change! And I dearly LOVE those dishes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That paper if fabulous with those dishes. I am going to show this post to my dear friend who collects these dishes and she will likely be inspired by you. Thanks so much for visiting with me, olive

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an easy, fun way to change up your kitchen decor.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I adore all the touches of green!

    I hope you'll stop by my blog. I am hosting a giveaway for a $50 Kirklands gift card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love seeing the seasonal changes in your dish cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so industrious. It looks very nice. Botanic Garden by Portmeiron is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The paper is so pretty, and looks great in the cabinet. Love the Botanic Garden by Portmeiron, so pretty. You really do have some of the pretties dishes for every season. You cabinet gets more changes that I do. Maybe it's time to start. I can't get over how much it changes with different papers and dishes. So very pretty. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like the look and being able to change it out as many times as you would like. thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my, how pretty is this. I never think about papering the backs of the cabinets. This looks beautiful. Gorgeous dishes too. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty and so easy to do, apparently! Of course green is my favorite color so it didn't take much to convince me. The paper you used is wonderful and for almost nothing...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, this is such a great idea! Makes the cupboard look so stunning! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great idea!!! I love your dishes... especially since I have the same dishes. I think I will have to re-think every day dishes changing each month. Brilliant.

    Love your blog... as your newest follower.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so inspiring! You show me such great ideas. I love your spring dishes. Everything just looks so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like this concept. It was so great for you! I have wine glass front side display cases for my recipes as well and never believed to do this.
    bespoke kitchens

    ReplyDelete