Sunday, February 19, 2012

Who Left The Doors Off?

I haven't put the doors back on my cabinets.
I'm getting accustomed to the look.
 I removed them for Christmas and papered
the back of the cabinet with gift wrap.
The better to see my Christmas dishes.
More pictures of how I did it HERE.
Then I left them off for Valentine's HERE.
The better to see my heart dishes.
And now....the Winter Blues.
 I'm just keeping some of the blue and white 
everyday dishes in here.
 There are four mismatched sets.
I've been thinking if adding some paper to 
the back of the cabinet as I did at Christmas 
and for Valentine's Day. 
Even with the doors back on again
 it will look nice when I open the cabinet.
 On the counter below. The large blue and
 white biscotti jar was found at a police benefit
yard sale for $1.00. It's coming up again in
 March. I like to do my part.
That's where I'm keeping the doggie's cookies.
Behind the jars is the printable I made.
You can get that HERE

Have a good week!




See more kitchen cabinet monthly makeovers;
Christmas (December) cabinet HERE
Valentine (February) cabinet  HERE
St. Patrick's Day (March) cabinet  HERE
Spring/Easter (April) cabinet HERE


Links: The Girl Creative,
My 1929 Charmer,
The House In The Roses,
Between Naps On The Porch

17 comments:

  1. I love the look. At one time I had a rustic kitchen. No cupboard doors on the top cabinets and 'barn style' doors on the bottom.

    Can't beat the price on your doggie treat jar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your door-less cupboards look fabulous Rita, I love that you change the look often and seasonally use different crockery :o)
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how you are doing this. It looks GREAT! But then I haven't seen anything you have done that I didn't like:):) Hope you had a great weekend. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, even festive in your cabinets! How cute it looks. Blue and white is my favorite. i think I see some of the B & W dishes I have. I love to haul them out when my big Viburnum blooms. They make a lovely table together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love open cabinets- I have beautiful colorful fiestaware and I've been trying to talk my husband into taking the doors off our cabinets to show them off but he refuses to do it because he doesn't like the "open" look. May just go take them off myself and see if he puts them back up =)

    -Pamela, InspiredByFelicity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doorless is fun! Yours look great!!! We put our doors on and left the glass out! It was fun and a great conversation starter! Stopped by from 1929 Charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good Rita. Your blue dishes are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the "looks" without the doors...the Christmas dishes, the Valentine dishes and the Winter blues. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Rita May! I'm Sherry from Pondered Primed Perfected. Found you from My 1929 Charmer's link party. Love what you are doing with your open cupboards! I have removed my doors also but I don't have nearly as fancy a setup (yet!). I'm still pondering what to do in the back to add interest. I'm a new follower. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I have some glass fronted cabinets that I enjoy...the others I'm glad there are doors on...I'm not always as neat as I ought to be:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of the doors being off and open shelving. I've talked to Chaz about taking off the doors, and he goes, are you crazy after all that money we spent on the kitchen cabinets. don't worry I'll work on him. I really like you dishes, love blue and white. Haven't found the pillows yet, still looking, got to find them. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fabulous, Rita! I really love how you switch out your dishes. Some day I'm going to do that, too! I can't wait to make it happen.

    Your "winter blues" dishes are lovely. My favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh, I love the look of the open cabinets and such pretty, seasonal paper...what a fun idea. But, now I want a brownie. :)
    So happy to be following you back. :)
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have so many pretty dishes, I like the doors off. Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Rita it's also so much fun to see your new posts. I loved this one. You have so many pretty things. I enjoy them so much. I also really like the "give the dog a bone" container. I want one too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it! If I was that neat, I wouldn't put the doors back on. You have beautiful dishes.

    ReplyDelete