Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Valentine Kitchen Cabinet

I haven't put the doors back on my cabinets.
I removed them for Christmas HERE.
I've been looking all week for a Valentine
wrapping paper to use on the back of
my kitchen dish cabinet. 
I hoped to find  something with hearts or
 just a red gingham check
I found something with both.
 I stumbled upon this vinyl tablecloth at Walmart.
 I laid it out on the floor and cut it into
a 40-3/4" square.
 It's a large 60"x102" and it was only $3.67. 
I have plenty left over for another project.
 Hearts and checks would work perfectly.
 We removed the shelves and attached it to
the back using tape in the corners.
Then it was time to load up my 'Valentine'
Hearts and Pines china.
 A Porsgrund Christmas pattern from Norway.
I added a few pieces of Ivory Longaberger
pottery as well as a row of Valentine mugs.
More Valentine-izing tomorrow.

Cheers!



See more kitchen cabinet monthly makeovers;
Christmas (December) cabinet HERE
Winter (January) cabinet HERE
St. Patrick's Day (March) cabinet  HERE
Spring/Easter (April) cabinet HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Links: Between Naps On The Porch,
Miss Mustard Seed, My Romantic Home,
Common Ground, French Country Cottage,
The Charm of Home, How Sweet The Sound

26 comments:

  1. How festive and cute! I love how this cheerful nook came together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Fabulous idea to give the kitchen a little colour!! xo HHL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Cute! Love the red and white! XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great! The only part I wouldn't like is keeping it that orderly on a daily basis (but then I guess I have a lot of other hands in my cabinets). I love how you're swapping this out every season. And that set of dishes with the hearts and pine is just darling.I'd love to have you come link to Seasonal Sundays this Sunday.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita!

    How cute and clever! You were lucky to find something in hearts and checks.I often use tablecloths for decorating things other than tables.

    xoxo Bunny Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SO adorable! What a great idea! I really love the pattern on those dishes, too. I enlarged the photo to get a good look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never thought of wrapping paper, it's looks adorabel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea. Your cabinet looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute. I like your blog background too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!...as always!
    Betty @ Country Charm

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it!!! I am assuming that you (or your hubby) added shelves to this cabinet? My cabinets only have 2 shelves in them:( I am inspired to add MORE seeing yours. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very cute, Rita. You have the best ideas!!! I have a cupboard I could do this in! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So adorable and I love your hearts and pine dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your valentine cabinets! How smart to use the tablecloth. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So cute! Love the idea of changing up the open cabinets for holidays. Stopping by from At the Picket Fence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty, Rita May! I love the way it works with the colors of your dishes. Such a simple project {and inexpensive} yet it makes such a difference to the back of a cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just discovered your blog by accident. Oh my goodness, I could camp out here! have to say the music is a little irritating because it starts over and over as I change pages, but I just turned it off.

    Love it!! Can I subscribe via email?

    Cher :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect tablecloth for the backing for the cupboard! And bon marche! I like open cupboards too! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun idea ~ looks great! Happy Pink Saturday to you...Dru

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now that is a cupboard that I could love, everything in it's place. It looks beautiful even without the doors, Miss Martha would be proud, Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
  21. HPS!

    Love how you decorated your kitchen cabinet.



    Gabriela

    ReplyDelete
  22. You are so clever to use a vinyl tablecloth to decorate the back of your cabinet! The hearts and pines china is so pretty and great for winter and Valentine's Day. Love the arrangement of the china in the cabinet! Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are very creative.
    I just love the paper background for your cupboard, and your Valentine dishes are amazing! Happy PS!

    ReplyDelete