Monday, March 19, 2012

The Cornice Shelf

This is the cornice at the top of the
windows in the breakfast room.
 The wood cornice wraps all the way around
the top of the breakfast room windows
 and the door to the patio.
It continues into the family room.
Larry built it years ago. 
I'll do a 'before and after' post soon.
A pretty fireplace screen I found at Marshalls.
Ditto on the pottery rooster, and 
blue & white Chinese jars.
 I also added several Longaberger baskets.
 The watercolor paintings are colorful farm
scenes. I found these at a garage sale.
The antique cigar mold is from Germany.
It was a gift from my German house guests.
Biscotti and pasta jars in blue, yellow & white
sit at the other end. More cornice shelf
pictures of the family room.....coming soon!

Cheers!

7 comments:

  1. I love your shelf and all the VERY pretty things you have displayed! Can't wait to see more. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love your shelf! You have some lovely things up there. I would love something like this! :)
    Looks so pretty.
    be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this shelf!!! And you decorated it so nicely!!! hugs...cleo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shelf has such interesting and beautiful things...I love how you placed that fireplace screen on the shelf...How creative...adds so much color to the space...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had more areas for display in my home. Love that cornice shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shelf! When we remodeled our kitchen, one of my "definites" was space above the cabinets for decorating. Sure am glad though that nobody can see the dust bunnies up there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE that corner shelf. You have a wonderful collection of "lovelies." Thank you so much for linking up o my Egg-xellent Spring Mantel Party. Blessings, Barb

    ReplyDelete