Thursday, October 13, 2011

Organizing Under The Sink

After reminiscing about Doris and 
from this previous post
Larry installed the new garbage disposal. 
 Now it was time to rethink this space.
UGH!  Nothing pretty here. 
Impossible pipes make this space hard to
 organize. I don't use this area to store every 
cleaning product I own, just the ones I need
to use daily in the kitchen. 
Extra supplies and dish liquid are stored in the
back on a plastic tray in case of spills or
 leaks. I found a scrap piece of wood from the
 garage and used it rig this shelf for over the
 pipe to give me extra storage.
Nothing else would squeeze in there.
Extra dog bowls are stored underneath 
the shelf. On top I store the colanders 
because by the sink is where I use them.
I reused empty tennis ball cans and filled 
them with Brillo pads. It keeps them dry.
Everyday cleaning bottles are kept handy
on a turntable in the front.
 Kitchen towels and washcloths are stored in
stacking bins in the front.
A large glass vase holds dishwasher packets
(they were BOGO and I had coupons otherwise I use the box)
 A paper towel dispenser is mounted inside
 the door. Large plastic trays for the patio
are stacked along side.
Lucy wants to know what I'm doing.
Maybe cookies will be served next.
Cheers!
and LUCY


Links: French Country Cottage,
At The Picket Fence,
My Repurposed Life,
My Romantic Home




5 comments:

  1. What a clever way to use your limited space! I've got that on my list of things to do. I just got a new sink and I need to re-arrange!

    Have a nice evening!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugg . . . I try not to look under there too often! You did a great job organizing and very clever to make that custom shelf! And Lucy, well, she is just plain ADORABLE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was pretty clever, I'm going to give this a try, but my sink is in a corner, and the front door is only 10" wide, making it difficult to "get" inside. But you gave me inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, under the sink storage is a challenge for sure.
    I like how you added the shelf to make your space more usable!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great organization and usage of this space

    ReplyDelete