Sunday, February 3, 2013

How I Reuse Jars

I love jars. I hate to toss them into
the recycle bin when
I can recycle them back into use.
They make great free storage. 
I asked Larry if he thinks I love jars.
He said, "Have you ever thrown one away?"
I had to think about that one.
So, I thought I'd show you how 
I use some of my jars. 
Different jars for different jobs 
in different rooms.
These go in the laundry room.
 I like to keep the same jars in a section. 
Jam jars on top and spice jars below.
It looks neater and it satisfies my
OCDD, that I wrote about HERE.
When Larry recently lost the tiny screw 
to his glasses he asked me, 
"Do have one of those tiny eye glass 
repair kits?"  Of course I do!  
"Where?" 
 In one of the small (Spice Island) jars in the
laundry room cabinet on the turntable.
I love turntables too. I wrote about that
in "10 House Things I Can't Love Without"
 I knew it was there, because that's 
where I keep all that
 'small-don't-know-where-to-put-it' stuff. 
So I know where to find it again!
You know..the birthday candles, thumb-tacs,
cup hooks in 3 sizes, safety pins in 3 sizes,
push pins, wunda hooks, eye glass repair kit,
sewing machine repair kit, craft pin backs,
staples, sawtooth picture hangers,
wood plug buttons, pin-on hooks,
 several jars for small screws,
 mini replacement lights, outlet plugs,
 lamp finials, jingle bells, eye hooks,
small crafting supplies, etc.!
So, that's my system...cabinet closed!

Cheers!


22 comments:

  1. I LOVE this organizing tip! Thanks for inspiring me... AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tip. I think I can use it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all jars on the turntables! I'm going to have to try that with my buttons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Organizing is one of the 'fun' jobs in the keeping of a home and I guess I'm an organizing junkie of sorts. I like jars too, old and new, and find various uses for them. I have a revolving thingie in my kitchen for spices (2 tiered) and a few others. They come in handy! I am one of your new readers and unsure if this is my first comment or if I've already left one. Connie H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea and you are so organized! I was in an antique store yesterday and it was full of jars with all sorts of interesting things - buttons, marbles, etc. If I can ever move out some of my china, maybe I can find room for jars - lol! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I reuse jars, too, but not quite to "The Rita May" extinct....lol! Thanks for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just recently started saving jars too. It started with making snow globes for Christmas. I think I'm hooked now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you reuse!

    Wonderful to have you at Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, all those jars could make a girl's head spin.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep a lot of them too. I love to put flowers and/or fern fronds in them all around the house. They are fun to stick a flower in and give as a gift. Your organization is impressive! I like turntables too. They really save space.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is so funny, Rita. I followed your link to the OCDD post and read it to my husband, laughing at each point you made, as in "Guilty, Your Honor." The first thing I do when we arrive to our vacation destination is clean/put all the dishes in the dishwasher, then rearrange all the cabinets! LOL! It's part of my nesting and making it home for a week.

    Just tonight I hesitated over throwing a pickle relish jar away, but I forced myself as I always do. Not anymore! You've given me license to keep them and use them! Now to make room for more lazy Susans!!

    Great, fun post! Thanks for the laugh. ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great organization! Love the turn tables! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I always hate throwing out beautiful jars. I started saving some and your post was the inspiration I needed. Pining! :)

    Loving those turntable, too.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, now I know what else I will store in my laundry room cabinets (as soon as we get them:):) Love your system. I love turntables too and am looking for some for the FRIDGE!!! Do you use them in the fridge???? XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, my. Does anyone else want to swoon when they see such organization using jars? I'm in love with your system!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great Idea about reusing jars for storage. I wonder why I never though of that? This is so much better that going out and buying a whole bunch of storage containers. Thanks for the great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm impressed -- wish I had been keeping all of those jars over the years. Is it too late to start? Sally

    ReplyDelete
  18. And it works! :D I also save a lot of the unusual, pretty, cute jars, spice tins, etc.. What I don't use I offer to others before I do a clean out.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was doing some organizing with my collection of jars yesterday. I love jars too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loooovve nifty jars. :) I keep my small office supplies in collected jars on my desk. Plus, I love how you can see what's in 'em.

    toddlindsey.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I recycle jars as well. Only my way of storing them is not as organized as yours. I use them in my craft room to store all my little bits and pieces.

    ReplyDelete