Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wine Bottle Advent Calendar

A wine lovers advent calendar!
Count off the days with wine bottles
labeled 1 thru 25.
I purchased Avery wine labels #22826
from the office supply store. I downloaded
 the template to Microsoft Word
I chose Lucida Handwriting font for the
Days Until Christmas in size 18 and the 
numbers in Century Schoolbook size 200.
I printed the labels. 
They are peel and stick
Because my labels were arched at the top
 it was necessary to scrape off a bit of each
corner from the labels on the bottles.
Some were easy to just peel off completely
after I refrigerated the wine and 
then left them out to 'sweat' the bottles.
Now, I'm not suggesting that you drink a
whole bottle of wine each night, but it will
look great on your wine bar when you are
 entertaining. It would also make a unique gift.
Even one bottle brought to your host on the
corresponding days before Christmas would
 be fun...say bring bottle #10 on the 15th.
All it needs is a bow!

Cheers! Fa la la la la!


6 comments:

  1. You come up with some of the BEST ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I've been trying to come up with an adult advent idea. :)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Rita! I'm loving this idea, and even though I'm a little late starting, I've got ten more days to enjoy "the calender". I'm saving this idea for next year, too.
    Hugs,
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definately doing this next year. Heck, I might just do this leading up to Easter...and Valentine's day...and forth of July!!!!
    Linda @ A Toile Tale

    ReplyDelete