Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Patio at Christmas

We can still enjoy our patio in December, 
so we added a little lighted Christmas tree.
 I just put it into a blue and white flower pot.
 I love that we can see the living room tree 
thru the sliding glass doors. 
When we open the doors it's as if the tree 
is right on the patio.
For the coffee table centerpiece, 
I filled an old Coca Cola soda crate
 with greens and two oil lamps.
I attached a red bow to the twig wreath
 on the old window.
My orchids are blooming, so they get to stay.
Old sleigh bells are draped on a basket filled
with pinecones.
 The table planters box is filled with salvaged
 objects. Fresh tree trimmings are free from
 the discard piles at the Christmas tree sales.
I got mine at Home Depot.
 I tucked in more pinecones, twigs and the
bottoms that were trimmed from the trees. 
It all smells like Christmas.
We always eat breakfast out here, 
...and lunch, and dinner too., 
A big poinsettia plant.
It will last for months and then get
planted in the yard.
Another little tree in the corner. 
This one has colored lights.
I let my ficus tree die so that I would have
bare branches to fill with little white lights.
 It's usually warm enough to have most
 of our meals outside.
The planter filled with poinsettias.
 That's Christmas in Florida!

10 comments:

  1. Love your coffee table centerpiece! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita!
    I'm a follower... and neighbor (I'm in Miami). I love each and every one of your posts and am amazed at your creativity and your energy!My home is a smaller version of yours and I too do it up a bit for Christmas, however this year I kept it a bit more simple. My main reason for writing is to let you know I LOVE your recipes! I plan my Publix (I'm sure you know!) shopping lists around your recipes and my family absolutely devour everything I make. I especially appreciate your slow-cooker ones since they're so easy and still wonderful!

    God bless you and yours during this Christmas season! ................... Ana Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita, your patio is beautiful! I have never decorated ours; but, I am seeing so much inspiration this year! Yours is one of the best that I have seen! Makes me want to add this to my "to do" list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry I have been MIA. This moving stuff is NOT for sissies:) Your patio looks beautiful all dressed up for Christmas! I so wish we could eat outside all year. That is one of my favorite things to do. When we got out to eat in the summer I always try to pick a spot that has outdoor dining. Your INDOOR tree looks beautiful from the patio too!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rita, It's unusually warm here in West NC, high 60s! Usually 40's-50's. Love your decorations, the ideas are great! I'll have to get one of my coke crates and do that! Beautiful pictures, have a merry and sunny Christmas!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaahhhhh, Christmas in Florida....you had me at "will plant the poinsettia." :) Your porch looks absolutely great! You have so many nice details. Why, I think you could put the gifts out there Christmas morning and have your Christmas there!! Merry, happy Christmas! ~Zuni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful. Love all of your centerpieces. The coke crate is darling. You have inspired me to decorate mine with pine and Christmas lights. Thanks for sharing. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dear Rita,
    I am drooling with your patio, while mine is full of snow.

    So pretty vignettes.

    Enjoy your time in your patio so long you can stay out there.

    Greetings from a freezing & snowy Stockholm,
    /Chie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how lovely your Chrismas decorations are! I especially love seeing your lighted tree through the windows. Your decor always delights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is just stunning! Your trees and decorations are amazing! I especially like the jingle bells!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete