Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Counters

 The glass flour and sugar canisters get a
 little sparkle with a lighted wreath 
tucked behind them. 
The scoops are Spode tea cups.
 This year I added my Mother's old cookie 
cutters to the wreath.
This counter is to the left of the stove.
This is the right side.
I repurposed empty olive oil bottles and filled 
them with vegetable oil, olive oil, and vinegar. 
 Christmas wine stoppers on top. The old
plaid thermos was found thrifting. I think I
will fill that with hot chocolate sometime soon.
 I pick up hand crocheted pot holders 
whenever I find them in thrift stores. 
They are usually always under $1.00. 
Most of them are just 25 cents. I now 
have a nice little collection of Christmas ones.
Just look at how sweet they are.
 I sometimes find old Christmas tins too. 
A few of the Christmas cookie jars 
sit on top of the refrigerator. 
We've been eating lots of Christmas cookies,
the wonderful homemade kind. 
I know just who is sending cookies 
and I open that package right away. 
Larry takes care of any crumbs.
He sprinkles them on ice cream.
Cheers!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely decoration !Wish you a Merry Christmas and may this festival bring abundant joy and happiness in your life!
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita, I always love your kitchen! Everything is so festive. I love all the special touches you give everything, like the wine stoppers in your oil bottles. My mother had that very same oval tin with the two handles. I had forgotten about it until I saw yours! Maybe hers made it's way to a thrift store near you! I'd like to think someone is enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to put the lights on the wreath behind the glass. I am going to start collecting vintage pieces. You have inspired me. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there and Merry Christmas!! Isn't it something how a simple item like a lighted wreath can make a small place so festive. I love how it looks behind the glass cannisters!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your every post is EYE CANDY for me! I will leave my comment now and go back to look at every picture one more time before I leave!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rita, I love the wreath behind the canisters and the handmade pot holders. I'm going to start watching for those! Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rita, I'm a new visitor. I love the wreath you put behind your canisters, and especially your mother's old cookie cutters. How special. And using the Spode teacups as scoops is such a great idea. I also like how you used old olive oil bottles with Christmas stoppers. I never would have thought of that. It's a great idea. Everything looks so lovely and festive. Can't wait to look around some more!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rita, love the wreath behind the canisters, I love seeing sparkles when I walk in to the kitchen at night. Only problem I'd want to leave up all year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete