Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

I was setting up the dining room for 
Christmas Eve dinner with my family 
and snapped a few photos along the way. 
The centerpiece: 2 Longaberger sleigh 
baskets on wrought iron runners were 
filled with fresh evergreens and ornaments.
 I extended the table with 4 leaves and turned
 it diagonally in the room so that it would fit.
 I can seat 12.
 I love that the extra leaves are stored in
 a compartment inside the table top 
that's accessed when we pull it apart.
 I also have protective table pads that 
are stored in a box in the closet. I needed
 to use 2 red tablecloths and covered 
the center seam with a holly table square.
 The place settings were Spode china, 
my sterling silver flatware, pottery Christmas
 tree napkin rings, and painted goblets.
 Each place setting got one of my 
Christmas salt & pepper sets.
 See them all HERE.
Lots of fresh tree branches lined the 
center of the table. We picked up bags of 
them every time we went to Home Depot. 
The butler's tea cart.
The silver stand has Porsgrund
Hearts and Pines china.
The 'Little Town Of Bethlehem'. I moved 
the three tiered etegere under the window.
It was in the dining room niche before I 
replaced it with my painted buffet
See the before HERE.
 Luckily it just fit. 
 I was able to set it up as I had in the past. 
Now at the other end of the room.
 Under the window.
Evening light.

Cheers!


7 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas!! Love the attention to details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!! Beautiful as always dear Rita May.Your table is lovely with the C'mas china and all the great detail and decorations. I love the pic of you and your hubby. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!! Everything looks absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, if I sat 12 at our dining room table soon would be on the outside of our house! Love your table scape! Even though I'm late wishing you the best of holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rita, everything looks beautiful! I especially love the S&P shakers! They are so cute! Beautiful photo of you and your beloved!

    Happy New Year!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your Little Town of Bethlehem. It is just precious. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a great start to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Rita & Larry! The dining room i lovely - so festive! Hope your holidays were happy and the new year finds you well. I've been missing your delightful posts.

    ReplyDelete