Sunday, April 8, 2012

What I Learned From The Easter Bunny

I learned that the Easter Bunny
(my parents) 
always came through with the biggest 
chocolate Easter Bunny I'd ever seen! 
Giant chocolate Easter Bunny and chocolate basket
I learned that it was more fun to share a hare.
Me an my mother
I learned that you should always marry 
the man that surprises you on Easter
morning with a chocolate Easter Bunny
on your first Easter vacation together.
Framed 13x15 bunny painting in hall.

I also learned.......

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
There's no such thing as too much candy.
All work and no play can make you a basket case.
A cute tail attracts a lot of attention.
Everyone is entitled to a bad hare day.
Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
Some body parts should be floppy.
Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
Good things come in small, 
sugar coated packages.
The grass is always greener 
in someone else's basket.
To show your true colors, 
you have to come out of the shell.
The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.

bunny painting 5x7
Happy Easter!

P.S. I also learned to always save my ham bone from Easter dinner to make
 Oma's Bohnensuppe (Bean Soup)

9 comments:

  1. Love the photos of you and. Your mm... And your big bunny... Have a lovely day. Your post was so true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo of you, and you and your mom, are precious. I believe you and I are approximately the same vintage, so the pics bring back sweet memories of past Easters with my folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What darling Easter pics of YOU!!!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet pictures and memories. I am glad your hubby gives you chocolate bunnies too. LOVE the bunny pictures. Happy Easter! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute photos! Love that bunny painting! Hope you had a fabulous Easter!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, such great pictures, Rita! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute bunnies! I am so glad I found your blog. We are kindred spirits in that I have never met a dish I didn't like!
    I have walked the half block to a local thrift shop and have had to call home to have someone come with the car to pick me up. They just laugh and put the back seat down

    ReplyDelete