Wednesday, March 13, 2013

DIY Carpet Fresh Powder

 With 3 doggies I have bought a lot of 
carpet fresh powder over the years.
Now I  make my own.
 The best natural deodorizer is good old baking soda.
I add a little scent with essential oils.
 I have several bottles to choose from.
You can customize the scent for the seasons.
I store them in one of my jars HERE.
Just a few drops in about 2 C of BS.
No need to measure.
Stir with a fork then give it a
shake. I reused an old spaghetti sauce 
Mason jar and the lid from a can of 
grated cheese....Good to know.
Nice flip lid.
 I think it looks nicer too in a jar and
 you can refill it over and over.
 Made a label  on my handy labeler. 
It's a top 10 seen HERE.
 Shake some on your carpets and let it sit
 for about 15  minutes or longer.
 Vacuum it up.
Carpets smell nice and fresh.....
for mere pennies a jar! Plus the added
 convenience of never running out.

Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. It doesn't get any easier than this. I buy the big bags of baking soda in the pool supply aisle... when I can find it. Godd for soooooooo many things! Thanks for one more great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks so much for this tip! I will be giving this a go. I'm not saying my dogs are smelly (Phew!)just "aromatic" at times, and I wonder if visitors notice a "fragrance in the air". So I'm always looking for ways to freshen carpets and upholstery. This is timely, as it is still too cold here to open up the windows and let in some fresh Spring air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart and useful idea. It was so clever to choose the flip open type jar in which to store the carpet fresh. Wow - must try this one - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have run out of words to tell you how creative I think you are! From now on I'm just going to say 'DITTO!'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helping optimistic people excel - in 7 areas of life is her
    mission. ' The picture is just as worrying for youngsters - by 2010, it's
    predicted 22 per cent of girls and 19 per cent of boys between the ages of two and 15 will
    be obese, with girls under 11 at particular risk. Stretching
    will help you prevent injuries and it will help you loosen up your muscles.


    Stop by my web page: women fitness tips abs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for this idea! I tried it yesterday, and it work great!! I also have several fur babies and want things to smell fresh. Love reading your blog. I have used several of your "tips".

    ReplyDelete