Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rug or No Rug

I remove the area rug from under the glass table in the breakfast area every fall.
Rug
No rug
I like the floor bare...
for a while.
  
The rug has a spring and summer look.
It does not work well with my Fall decorations, 
 or my Christmas decorations.
 Then I tire of the bare floor and want the rug back.
 First I scrub the grout and wash the tile floors.
Then I bring back the shampooed rug.
 Lucky is my rug inspector.
 It usually takes a few days to lay flat.
Rug in place.
Princess is helping me accessorize.
There! That's what it needed. 
A little pop of yellow 
with her favorite squeaky toy.

In and out! Out then in! like so many of my things.
Cheers!
Rita
Links: Dittle Dattle
Between Naps On The Porch,
A Stroll Thru Life

9 comments:

  1. I like it both ways. I am in a no rug mode right now. I took the one out of the living room and I am amazed at how much bigger it looks. Beautiful room. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really prefer the 'no rug' look but it's nice that you can fairly easily go back and forth. Now about that adorable puppy . . . my little Ava has the very same toy! Your little fluff ball is too too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like it both ways and can see why you change it out. It does add a bit more for your summer look and your right it does not go well with the Fall and Christmas decorations. But above all I love your cute.....cute....puppies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always fun to change things up!
    Adoreable pups!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to choose? :) I love it both ways! Looks like your little fuzzy face loves the rug.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is beautiful! I love it both ways! Your princess is sooo cute:) Thanks for sharing
    Happy 4th!
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your rug does go so well with your spring-summer look. I usually take up some of my rugs int the summer for a cooler look, but have been to busy to do it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your area both with the rug and without. Do your doggies prefer the rug? Seems like mine love carpeted areas best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your rug is really pretty and I like it. The nice thing is you can have it both ways. Yay!
    I also like the shelf above your window and how you have it decorated and the yummy yellow wall color.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete