Wednesday, July 20, 2011

July Mug Shots

July is all about redwhite and blue.
It's a very patriotic month, even after the 4th.
 A low basket holds 2 large Longaberger
travel mugs in red and ivory. 
An old mason jar holds my oatmeal topping,
oatmeal cookie sugar mixture  
An assortment of tea bags are stored
 in an old clamp lid jar.
 I found the vintage pastry cutter with a red handle
 in a thrift store and added that just for the color.
 Cobalt glass mugs from Walmart.
I found the perfect patriotic glass cutting board 
on sale at Marshalls a few years ago for $3.00.
A patriotic basket filled with Raisin Bran Muffins.
We call them~
Better Than Bran Muffins Bran Muffins.
 reminder
Change of heart, gets the flag charm for July.
<><><><><>

Oatmeal Cookie Flavor Sugar Mixture
3/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C white sugar
1 t cinnamon
Combine and store in a jar.
Sprinkle some on your morning oatmeal.

CHEERS !
Rita

12 comments:

  1. Very patriotic and cheery!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue mugs, Rita! Beautiful and patriotic vignettes. Thanks for sharin! Hugs, FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I all looks terrific!! My favorite is the Patriotic cutting board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a patriotic post! Love it..totally:)
    The colours are cheerful. Thanks for sharing:)
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you're keeping it red, white and blue for the month of July! Come see my wreaths and tablescape.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive and all lovely items! I found myself humming Yankee Doodle Dandy! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting me - we almost got a Road Trek but chose the Pleasure Way because of the nicer bathroom. Hubby still likes the Road Treks though. The PW has a short wheel base so it's not as easy to drive as a Road Trek - there is a little play with the wheel. I thought the PW was a smoother ride (for the passenger) and more quiet inside. And I really like the slightly larger bathroom. We plan to use our van for camping trips. We will have to see if we need a break (i.e., get a motel for a few days) during longer trips just so we are not on top of each other all the time. We always said we would do that with the small travel van (Chinook) we had before the 5th wheel travel trailer but we never did.
    I love this post. I just today took down our July 4th decorations. I like leaving them up for the month just like you. I love your patriotic cutting board! How cute is that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hooray for the red, white, and blue!!! Nothing like a shout out to the American flag! I'm going to have to try that oatmeal cookie flavored mixture for my cereal. I am supposed to eat a lot of oatmeal to help keep my cholesterol in check, and I am for anything to make it taste better!!! Oatmeal cookies taste FAR better than plain ol' oatmeal!!! I hope your summer is going well and that you are staying relatively cool in this sweltering heat. Take care, and I'll see you next week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your red, white and blues -- I leave mine out for all of July.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love flag-like decor and yours is darling!! Mine stays out all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rita! I never tire of the red, white and blue! Lovely.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both displays. So pretty. I love the red/white/blue. Still some of my favorite colors all year long. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete