Thursday, September 17, 2015

Time To Bring Out The Pinecones!

If you do nothing this fall but add pinecones
you're good to go with fall decor. 
 On the patio.
With lights on top of a cabinet.
Piled in baskets ready to use.
 Glued to jute rope for a garland.
Just change the ribbon scraps with the holidays.
 One here and one there.
 In a wooden bowl.
 As a centerpiece surrounding a pillar candle.
 Jumbo pinecones.
In a window box. 
 I hope you've been collecting them whenever
 you see them just lying on the ground. I
obsessively collect them. Can't pass them up!
 I even had my 8 year old granddaughter in
Colorado gathering them on our recent visit. 
She wants to make a wreath.
Another pinecone convert. 
 No plants, no problem.
 Using just one.
 Fill every empty basket.
 All in a  row.
A bushel basket filled with pinecones
at the front entry for a fall welcome.
Endless possibilities for these free
gifts from nature. Love...

Cheers!


Facebook
Links: Between Naps on the Porch

12 comments:

  1. I am totally with you! Love pinecones and they can be used in so many ways for so many seasons. Great ideas here!

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I leave some out all year, but really go crazy for fall and winter.

      Delete
  2. Hi Rita,
    I took your "pinecone advice" last year after seeing your great ideas and have been collecting and picking up pine cones! I've already added some to a fall wreath and am displaying others. Thanks, again, for the inspiration!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear you are enjoying these beauties. I never pass up picking more. Enjoy!

      Delete
  3. I too love pinecones, in fact I have them on my Fall buffet right now. You are so right, they look so great in a Fall and Winter décor Rita.
    Thanks for sharing this inspirations. Pinning it.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you! I love pine cones. They always look good. I wish I had a tree to give me some but I am always collecting up in the mountains despite the smile on my husband's face. I like seeing all your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of these pine cone vignettes! Very creative...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pine cone displays!!! I have been collecting pine cones on my walks to the park...easy to do and free!!! How do you get rid of the sticky stuff on the pine cones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sticky stuff will usually dry and harden once they've been off the tree for a while. If they're wet from rain when you pick them, just leave them in the sun until they dry and open again.

      Delete
  7. I love adding pinecones to the Fall decor and being able to continue right through Christmas. I seem to have amassed quite a few (both purchased as in the Cinnamon ones and collected on walks). When I was getting them out of a storage crate that resides in our garden shed, our extreme heat had really intensified the fragrant ones....guess I don't need to re-scent them, & definitely do not need to buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looooove this post! Yup, I can't leave a pinecone lying on the ground. I'm always collecting them, and just got dozens more at my Mum's house on Labor Day weekend! I will decorating with them this fall, and your post is hugely inspiring - thanks!

    ReplyDelete