Thursday, April 30, 2015

Using A Vintage Casserole Stand

Here's how I'm using one of my vintage 
silver plated casserole stands.
It's one of the goodies I found on my last
thrifting trip. I got two, one is 9" round,
and the other is 7"x10". 
They were $2.00.
I tried it a few different ways. 
I topped with a blue plate that I can 
use for cake or appetizers.
Tried it with a round wooden bread board.
I decided to use it as a stand for the glass
hurricane and candle on the coffee table. 
 I put it all on a glass plate including
the small grapewine wreath.
A glass pie dish fits in perfectly too. That 
would make such a pretty presentation for a 
pie, quiche, or small casserole. In between 
service I can use it as a centerpiece.
I love to find several ways to use my things.


Cheers!

8 comments:

  1. It's a great idea, I always love those pieces. I. Have a long one that I bought and my baking pan didnt fit. I think it will be a great center piece. Can youplease tell me where you purchased that beautiful dark blue candle. I need one lol, it's lovely. Great post thank tou for sharing. Have a great day with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure. I'm guessing BBB or Old Time Pottery.
      It was years ago. I checked the bottom on one i have in storage and no info. I'm sure it was a big
      chain.

      Delete
  2. Great idea, Rita! I see those all of the time at Goodwill, but have never purchased one. I never thought of using it as a centerpiece! Thanks for sharing - I'll be on the lookout for one now!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I love it! So pretty!

    Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I am going to do this. What you did with them turned out beautifully....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great and creative idea! Love this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I see them all the time at the thrift store and never thought to use them this way. I like your idea of using it with a pie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT!!! I have a lovely small rectangular silver stand (more of a bread pan shape). I have wondered what to do with it, and you just gave me a perfect idea!!
    Thank you so much!
    Now I will be on the hunt for a round one as well :^)
    Be blessed,
    J

    ReplyDelete