Thursday, November 20, 2014

DIY ~ THANKFUL Scrabble Blocks

Finding a good Scrabble font with the number
 value included took the longest. I knew there
 would be one out "there". I searched Google,
 and Pinterest, and finally found a winner.
 I found the printable letters at
 I printed them at 50% size for my project. 
Larry cut the blocks from a 1" thick piece
 of scrap wood to about 3-1/2 x 4-1/2. 
I sanded them and slightly rounded the 
corners like the real Scrabble pieces.
 I used a piece of carbon paper to trace the 
letters onto the wood.
 Fill in with a Sharpie. This is my go-to method
 for all my sign projects.
 To finish them off with a little sheen I will give
 them a couple of coats of Mod Podge. 
 For now they are sitting on the ledge 
of my cupboard.
 I can add extra letters for different seasons.
THANKFUL-JOY-BELIEVE-LOVE-
WELCOME-MAY-AMERICA-
HARVEST-BAKERY-COFFEE-
What to add next?

Cheers!



3 comments:

  1. Rita, these are great! What a fun idea. Thank you for sharing the idea. I'll never get a set made for me, but love the idea.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by to show some love from Show and Tell Link Party! I absolutely love this idea, Scrabble is one of my favorite games! Pinned it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project and they look so cute the way you have them displayed!

    ReplyDelete