Thursday, July 22, 2010

When Life Gives You Lemons....Decorate!

I love lemons! I love lemons because of the flavor they bring to food and the cheery look they bring to decorating. Here are a  few of my lemony-fresh things:
A painted wood sign hangs under my kitchen cabinet.
Lemon glasses for -
Lemonade
A lemon night light, and a tea cup  (another obsession favorite)
lemon minute timer
sit next to dog cookies in a jar
Boards behind the cook top
Homemade Lemon Sugar Hand Scrub sits by the sink.
Kitchen towels. Something is baking in the oven. Could it be?
Lemon Bread
Lemon tea pot sits in a lemon wreath with matching sugar and creamer.
Lemons fill an apothecary jar
Lemon Tree dessert plates
Lemons in a vintage bowl
 One biscotte...
Two biscotti...
Three biscotti
Four
Decorative tile plaque on the patio.

But wait, there's more!
I saw this painting at an art open house and was gobsmacked! The lemons, the blue and white pottery, the palm trees, the orchids. It was if the artist ( Krysia D) had been in my house! I had to own it. It was a big splurge. Merry Christmas, Happy Anniversary, Birthday, Valentines Day, Groundhog Day. You get the idea. It hangs above my wall units in the family room. The other accessories were there already ...just waiting for this beauty.
Yes, I already had the lemons, pottery and orchid.
on the right
on the left. The windows came from son David's house in Denver. He rehabbed and saved them for us.
Yes, I love lemons!

I'm linking to My Romantic Home, Color Outside The Lines

16 comments:

  1. Oh I love lemons too and all of your lemons are wonderful. You really do have a beautiful collection. Gorgeous vignettes too. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I loved this theme table setting. Everything is very beautyful!Congratulations.Hugs,Fatima-Scrapart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decorating with lemons and your collection is wonderful. I am so in love with your painting.
    Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the combination of yellow and blue. So classic yet happy and bright. Plus you have to love that lemon scent- I buy my cleaning products based on if they have a lemon scent or not!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you make your lemon hand scrub?
    If so, are you willing to share your recipe?

    Love all the blue and yellow. My favorite is your little Lemon Night Light!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!! I am having a CSN Giveway on my blog My Dream Canvas and would love for you to drop by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lemons are so bright and beautiful and cheery - a little sunshine indoors for sure. We used to have a lemon tree in our backyard, in California. I grew up with lemons galore. Well, here comes the real sun, here, in Vermont. Have a lovely lemonade day!

    Love, Katy Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful...and I bet you're just as bright and sunny as your decor!!

    Lemon hand scrub huh? Interesting!! Gotta go check that out.

    For your convenience, Here Is My Show and Tell Bargain Link. Hope to see you visit with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LEMON SUGAR HAND SCRUB:
    Mix just enough extra light EVOO into sugar to make a gritty paste
    (about 1 C sugar to 1/2 C oil) add 2 T lemon juice and a few drops of
    lemon essential oil or finely grated lemon zest. Put in a jar and label.
    I cut tin labels from soda cans, press down hard with a pen, punch holes and attach with raffia or ribbon. Use as herb markers too.
    Cheers!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  10. very sweet! I love lemons and putting out a bowl of them. You have done a great job. Love all you've shown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so beautiful!
    I am signing up to be your newest follower!
    Thank you for sharing!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagehchristmas.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rita, you have such a lovely home. The lemon touches are simply gorgeous- yellow is such a cheery color. Thanks so much for linking the lemon scrub. I greatly appreciate it. I hope you are enjoying your week. Thanks again Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lemons add such a bright and cheery color! I just bought a 3' tall lemon tree at Marshall's for only $5.00!! Would be great in your kitchen , but I love it in mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun and cheerful post! Love lemons, the smell, the color, they just have so much to offer-enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the color of ripe lemons. it's such a happy color as are all of the wonderful collections you have.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rita...

    Ohhh my gosh...you are sooo right! That fabulous painting looks like it was created just for you! It looks so beautiful hanging above your wall unit. Your vignette/accessories are perfectly displayed along side the painting! I really enjoyed taking a little peek at all of your luscious lemon vignettes and pretties! I must say, the vibrant yellow of the lemons look gorgeous against that black tile! Sooo very pretty!

    Well my friend, I am coming over from Artie's Vignette Fridays party. This is my first time at your place and I have found your blog utterly delightful! I am adding you to my list of blog follows and really look forward to your upcoming posts! It's so very nice to meet you, Rita!

    Warmest wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete