Thursday, October 1, 2015

Motivation From The Dollar Tree

Sometimes motivation comes from unlikely
 places. This time it came from the
 Dollar Tree!
We were having lunch with friends when they 
suggested we stop at a dollar store which 
was in the same plaza and see what
goodies we could find.
Here's our favorite; Autumn leaf goblets.
They will be my official everyday glasses
every year for fall.
I couldn't wait to get them home, washed and
play with them. They motivated me to get
my breakfast table "autumnized". 
I got out some of my fall accessories. My leaf
applicated table runner is a perfect match
with the goblets. Looks like they were just
 made for each other.
 I also used my leaf salad plates,
Added brown leaf plate chargers, 2 gold
thrifted (25¢) quilted placemats, a basket I
saved from a gift-basket set, also added my
vintage Brown Betty tea pot, vintage walnut
 and squirrel salt & pepper set, an antique
scale, oil lamp, plant in a Longaberger fall 
basket and my thrifted orange pottery bowl. 
Not that I won't change or tweak it again. 
This was my quick-pull-something-together
 RIGHT NOW for Instant gratification!
 I used what I had and 6 new fall glasses.
Now I think I need to get 6 more.
I've been using them every day!

 We're enjoying our evening wine spritzer
 or fall sangria even more.
I had more fun than a kid with a new toy.

Enjoying fall.... Cheers!



8 comments:

  1. Love your fall breakfast table, Rita! I love how it all came together, especially the fall leaf glasses! Thanks for sharing....
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dollar Tree, too. Aren't they great? I haven't seen those leaf plates. Lucky you! Your place mats go so well with everything, and your goblets are perfect. You've set a wonderul fall table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Table for Fall. Love the collection. Love the leafy plates. Have a lovely season. Do stop by my post. Love Sujatha:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dollar Tree too; you can find some nice things there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new Dollar Tree has just come to our area and I found some really good things there. I've not seen those glasses but I'm going back this afternoon to see if they're there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always you have set a beautiful table!!! The goblets are beautiful and they go so well with your table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't ya just love Dollar Tree! I find the best things there and also have the same glasses. Your table is always so pretty! I just private emailed you, please look for it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovin' your fall table! I'm late to the party and probably all the cute fall stuff is long gone at Dollar Tree.

    ReplyDelete