Thursday, December 11, 2014

30 Signs That You're Obsessed With Christmas

  1. I tell myself that playing
"All I Want For Christmas Is You"
 by Mariah Carey early won't send me
 down a Christmas spiral.

2. The Thanksgiving dishes have 
just been cleared off the table when I 
start listening to Christmas music.
23 Signs You're Obsessed With Christmas   
    

3. I make a new Christmas playlist
every year from the 705 Christmas songs
I've saved in my itunes library.

4. I add  new playlists to Spotify
from other obsessed Christmas music
    sources like Country Living and Starbucks,
so I'm never without access.

5. I have 11 boards dedicated 
to Christmas on Pinterest.
    I check Pinterest daily for more inspiration.

6. I have special holiday rituals
starting with playing "Silver Bells"
 by Danny Wright
   first thing in the morning the day after
Thanksgiving wherever I am.

7.  I get out boxes and boxes and boxes and boxes
of Christmas decorations, plus more in all the
 Longaberger storage baskets and cabinets. 

8. I sleep on snowmen or snowflake flannel sheets.
9. I only drink coffee, hot chocolate,
and tea in a Christmas mug.
   If traveling I take 2 mugs with us.
   Better to be safe than mug-less.

10. I have an extensive Christmas mug collection.
    I'm always on the lookout for more mugs
when thrifting. (see above #8 and #23).

11. My DVR is filled to the brim with 
favorite Christmas movies.
    I watch the same ones every year.

12. I love any movie with a good 
snow scene
The Family Stone
or a good Christmas movie house.  
They qualify for December viewing.
     All my dreams are covered in snow.

13. Seeing Christmas lights makes me 
giddy with joy.
Highland Park, TX Christmas Lights House Tour 2014
14. I love visiting small towns festively
decorated for the season.
McKinney, TX Christmas 2014
15. I've kept all my Christmas sweaters
 and secretly love them.
   I love the scene in "Bridget Jones Diary"
   where Mark Darcy (Colin Firth)
   is wearing his new Christmas jumper.

16. I need to plan an
 "Ugly Christmas Sweater Party" 
 just so I can  wear them.
There's a board on Pinterest for ideas.

17. I can't wait for my favorite Christmas parties.

18. I love looking at my friends' houses all decorated.
     I have a few BFFZ that share my spirit.
19. I have pinecones everywhere!
20. I keep a Christmas List file on my computer. 
When I pack away the decorations and decor,
 I make notes on the storage and tips
on what to do next year to improve the
process. This way I can access it quickly
 anytime I get new ideas and make
any necessary changes.

21. I change my screen wallpaper 
and AOL mail theme to Christmas.

22. I always have a new DIY Christmas
 ornament or project to do.
23. I decorate the bedroom for Christmas.
24. I change the kitchen dishes the day 
after Thanksgiving.
      We only use Christmas dishes in December.

25. Of course that goes for all the kitchen stuff:
towels, potholders, placemats, napkins,
napkin rings, canisters, tea pots,
pet dishes, basket liners, rugs,
chair cushions, pictures, and more.

26. I get out the Christmas pillows,throws, 
quilts, and afghans.
27. I wear lots of red and green. 

28. Visions of holiday foods dance in my head.
29. I have Christmas-themed 
robes and pjs. 
30. I have a Christmas countdown
 calendar that starts again on 
December 26.

 You can never have too much Christmas!

Cheers!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, Rita, you are the Christmas Queen! I have been wearing Christmas pj's since Thanksgiving night, playing my Christmas CDs, watching Halmark channel movies, enjoying Starbux skinny peppermint mochas, but am a way behind in everything else! lol! You are so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Rita!! That will get anyone in the Christmas spirit!! :o) Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations - you always have such good ideas!
    Blessings,
    Lanita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree and do many of the same things! I wish I knew how to make a playlist, and change the top of my AOL page to Christmas!!! I decorate our room AND the guest room, all the bathrooms, in fact every room now is decorated for Christmas! Love it too!!!! PS, counted 29 bins:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas too. This year I'm scaling down a little because we have a new puppy (6 month old lab/border collie mix) that thinks everything belongs to her and she can eat it or destroy it. Maybe next year I will put it all out again. My Christmas lights were out and ready to be lit the day of Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, I agree you are obsessed! but what a great obsession. I just wish it was longer than a month, so much decorating! Where do you store all those boxes at?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you are and so am I. I can add one moe thing to your list...I have a Christmas blog!!

    ReplyDelete