Saturday, August 7, 2010

New Old Window

Yesterday my nephew-in-law Chris brought me this window.
My niece Rita (yes she was named after me) wanted to toss it. He said "I'm bringing it to Aunt Rita, I think she will want it". He was so right!
It was "dog-scanned".
Then it was cleaned.
Then I found a place for it. This chest was a bulk trash rescue (bulk trash day is when our town picks up large items that people want to toss). I painted it white. It makes a nice service bar when we entertain. The drawers hold patio placemats, extra lights, etc.
We made the tile tray and trivets from tile that was leftover after my Mother's kitchen renovation. They were in her kitchen.
Saved oyster and mussel shells.
The channel for the hurricane shutters is just the right size to hold the window in place.
I put it here to get it off the floor and keep it safe yesterday. Realized it was the perfect place for it.
This is the first thing I did this morning.
Can't wait to show Chris and Rita. Thanks for thinking of me.



I'm linking to Southern Hospitality, House in The Roses, Coastal Charm, My Romantic Home,
Coloradolady

17 comments:

  1. Keeping in all in the family, way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just awesome! You are so clever and creative! They may want it back!

    I am happy I found your blog!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great! I've an old window in my livingroom, it used to have glass in it, but after a strange gymnastic move from my daughter, the window fell, and the glass was broken. Luckily my daughter was okay! But I think it looked better with glass, just like your window!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks lovely.... I cannot believe Rita gave that mirror away! ;) and the tile trays--beautiful! Thanks for participating in our "Show Off Your Cottage Monday" and bringing us here!

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  5. The window looks perfect and I love everything else you have. What a great place to store all your outdoor accessories. Charming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so cute. Glad your dog approved of it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way the window looks sitting on the dresser! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can always find a spot for a window! It looks great there. I like your tiled trays. I just today discovered some tiles in the garage. Now I might have an idea on what to do with them! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks great. Wonderful vignette. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm happy for you that he thought of you before it hit the trash pile. Thanks for coming to my NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS PARTY!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Lovely :-) I am hosting a jewelry giveaway on my blog. Would love for you to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful!! I love the look windows can give! I am loving your blog and happy to be your newest follower..and I love new friends! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ FFD~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this is fantastic! I love the fact that its all mostly recycled! Nice job!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative! Thanks for sharing your beautiful decor :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great combination of things. Very good job of decorating and putting it all together. You people with all this talent makes me wish I had done more when younger. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is adorable! Way to be creative!!

    Have a wonderful ViNtAgE tHiNgIe ThUrSdAy!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete